For those who have read the book "Lone Survivor" about Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell. True story, I watched the other three of his team member's caskets being loaded on a C-17 in Afghanistan. The movie producers said they would hold true to his accounts on what happened.

http://m.aol.com/moviefone/default/article.do?mainLink=news&articleUrl=http://blog.moviefone.com/2013/07/31/lone-survivor-trailer-mark-wahlberg-video/

Edited by MT Predator
  • Like 2

You would be supporting the Lone Survivor of that mission who happens to be a Disabled Combat Veteran however. I don't care for Marky Mark either but I will damn sure support Marcus Luttrell.

• Like 1

At the 2000 MTV Movie Awards, Wahlberg suggested on stage that the “Best Villain” award be given to Charlton Heston: “I believe Charlton Heston is America’s best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association.”

He makes millions on screen with guns, but doesn't want others to have them. I'm not wasting my money on him. Maybe when the movie is available through Netflix.
  • Like 3

Lone Survivor is a must-read and Marcus Luttrell is a God's honest hero. Nearly all the Hollyweird "stars" are hypocrites and jack-holes. I watch all my movies on Netflix and will be looking forward to giving this a view sometime next Spring.

You would be supporting the Lone Survivor of that mission who happens to be a Disabled Combat Veteran however. I don't care for Marky Mark either but I will damn sure support Marcus Luttrell.

I'd rather send Mr. Luttrell some money through the mail first before giving that snivelling little asshat any of my cash. :angry:

• Like 2

I'd rather send Mr. Luttrell some money through the mail first before giving that snivelling little asshat any of my cash. mad.gif

Talk is cheap, do it then and post proof. I supported him a while ago when his book came out. He is worthy of respect I assure you. Buy his book and read it.

Edited by MT Predator
  • Like 1
  • 5 months later...

necro, whats current thoughts on htis? we wanna support it or not?

also, perhaps we could getta campaingn goin, as folks like him are spinelsess. much like cracker barrel takin duck crap out of stores to "not offend" anyone, then when backlash was so great the put it back in. (allegedly)

I'm going to see it this afternoon.  Taking my wife and one of the twin sons.  The other is in Marine boot camp.  I read the book and want to see how the movie parallels.  This will be the first movie I have watched at the theater in a very long time.  Wahlberg is a"darling" in Hollywood now but I don't care. This is about what Marcus and his team did.  Finding that much spirit is a rarity these days.

If anything, I may read the book. Movies are about entertainment, not necessarily an accurate portrayal of actual events.

Very few movies that are based on actual events, are completely accurate. (If any)

Edited by Ethan M
  • Like 1

I wonder if Marky has had a change of opinion since 2000? Lots of liberals from those days have since dumped those ideas.

Doubt it as most if not all elitists are selfish and only think of themselves.

But id be curious since all his movies tend to be gun heavy.

Watched a half hour bit on the making of it today on HBO(?). Lutrell and other former SEALS were on set for both training and much of the filming. It looks worth while, therefore I'll wait for the dvd and add it to the collection.

Unfortunately, I've met a disturbing number of Mil/LE that don't think the average Joe should have access to "weapons of war". They forget that it was the average Joe that stepped up to defend our newly formed republic. But elitism knows no bounds.

• Like 2

I'm on my last 30 pages now, it's a good book.

Google liveleak operation redwing and you will see the video the taliban took during the fight, as well as after. They find two of the SEALs bodies, Danny Dietz and Michael Murphy, pick through and steal their stuff, then after in a cave somewhere playing with one of their rifles and lasers and shit. It's pretty disturbing and will piss you off. I won't post it here out of respect.

Clueless media dipshit.  How can a man who spent all that time with the troops, even wrote a book about troops be that fucking stupid?

And his tweets are pathetic.  I did this.  I did that.  What you did was insult a hero and his fallen comrades.  What did you think he would do, cry on your shoulder?  Asshole.

Edited by Darth Saigus

At the 2000 MTV Movie Awards, Wahlberg suggested on stage that the “Best Villain” award be given to Charlton Heston: “I believe Charlton Heston is America’s best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association.”

He makes millions on screen with guns, but doesn't want others to have them. I'm not wasting my money on him. Maybe when the movie is available through Netflix.

I was not aware of this comment. 

If there is any celebrity (I use this term very loosely and with much disdain) that people should be aware of that is disgustingly and blatantly anti-2A, it is Jim Carrey.  If you haven't seen his video about the NRA/Heston, and feel like vomiting for an hour, look it up. 

On a different note, as far as celebrities go, Bruce Willis and Tom Cruise seem to be pretty strongly pro.  I say this just from watching their movies; I haven't personally researched their ideals.  Jack Reacher was quite a good watch. 

Celebrities pose an interesting issue.  They have a strange responsibility to the masses of uninformed who idolize them and take their every word as direction for their lives; the stances they take can affect public opinion strongly.   

I was not aware of this comment. 

If there is any celebrity (I use this term very loosely and with much disdain) that people should be aware of that is disgustingly and blatantly anti-2A, it is Jim Carrey.  If you haven't seen his video about the NRA/Heston, and feel like vomiting for an hour, look it up. 

On a different note, as far as celebrities go, Bruce Willis and Tom Cruise seem to be pretty strongly pro.  I say this just from watching their movies; I haven't personally researched their ideals.  Jack Reacher was quite a good watch. 

Celebrities pose an interesting issue.  They have a strange responsibility to the masses of uninformed who idolize them and take their every word as direction for their lives; the stances they take can affect public opinion strongly.

Bruce Willis actually said that he supported the second amendment in an interview. Here's a list of a few http://gunssavelives.net/blog/11-pro-gun-celebrities-yes-they-do-exist/

The only complaint I had was the Taliban eye-liner. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Spent some time amongst the Afghan people. The eye liner is a real deal there with some. Also, some elders there and in Pakistan dye their beards an un-natural shade of red. Looks like spray paint. The combination of the two is pretty creepy.

• Like 1

I have seen the red hair dye, almost like what the bad eastern european women wear. But the movie seemed to put eye-liner on ALL of the characters that are supposed to be "bad." As soon as he arrives in the village, nobody is wearing it. It may be a thing but they seemed to take it to excess as a plot device of some sort.

that is my ONLY complaint.. it was a very well made movie and pulled absolutely no punches. the falling scenes were brutal as hell. everyone sat through the memorial credits at the end and applauded.

The only complaint I had was the Taliban eye-liner. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Spent some time amongst the Afghan people. The eye liner is a real deal there with some. Also, some elders there and in Pakistan dye their beards an un-natural shade of red. Looks like spray paint. The combination of the two is pretty creepy.

In the movie it is probably to help viewers distinguish the main bad guys.