Saw the movie. It was good, but short. Wife cried. It was hard getting around knowing that Marky is a gun grabber though. Something I learned and that both my son and I caught were that apparently the Afghans do not spray and pray. If the fights were based on actual events, that says a lot about their tactics. They are also effective at herding their enemies and being very patient to maximize their attacks.

Throw your soldiers into positions whence there

is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight. 

If they will face death, there is nothing they may

not achieve.  Officers and men alike will put forth

their uttermost strength.

Soldiers when in desperate straits lose

the sense of fear.  If there is no place of refuge,

they will stand firm.  If they are in hostile country,

they will show a stubborn front.  If there is no help

for it, they will fight hard.

Art of War

Now deal with the SOB that stupidly put them in the position to be heroic.

As for the movie, screw hollywierd. 

I applaude and am greatful for their service and sacrifice, but it didn't have to happen.

The Navy and USMC have no business in an inland war that's 200+ miles from a coast and NAVSPECWAR doesn't play well in JSOC.

Not the operators fault, just tragic cause the Navy and USMC are suck prima-donnas in JSOC.

That scenario played out hunderds of times in WWII, Korea and Vietnam...

I wish it hadn't happened and I know they [The operators] did their best, but, it was not their venue and not a SEAL mission.  [Neither was the take-down of Bin Laden, but I digress]...

Macbeau sends...

• 4 weeks later...

I watched ti the other day.   it was a pretty good movie.      they shuld have just snuffed out the goat fuckers and went on with the mission.

As Darth said above, I wasn't there so I'm not going to second guess their decision.  I haven't seen the movie (don't know if I will) but I'm reading the book and I'm right where they made this decision.  As they said, if the killed the guys there, they still had all the goats which would have given away their position.  Plus they could be brought up on war crime charges.  Tough call either way, but no matter what the mission was blown right then.

Hell of a book so far. 

I watched ti the other day.   it was a pretty good movie.      they shuld have just snuffed out the goat fuckers and went on with the mission.

As Darth said above, I wasn't there so I'm not going to second guess their decision.  I haven't seen the movie (don't know if I will) but I'm reading the book and I'm right where they made this decision.  As they said, if the killed the guys there, they still had all the goats which would have given away their position.  Plus they could be brought up on war crime charges.  Tough call either way, but no matter what the mission was blown right then.

Hell of a book so far. 

I read the book about two years ago and it was good.  I probably would have made a different decision but they made a group call that was moral and legal.....but it cost them three lives and lifetime scarring for the fourth.  That said, they fought valiantly to the end and deserve our deepest respect, regard and recognition.  They laid it all on the line for our country and interest and should not be forgotten.

I saw the movie last night.  I thought it was a good movie.  The best part was that you could have heard a pin drop and nobody seemed to even think of leaving at the end out of respect for these men.  I don't really care about what Mark wants or thinks.  These men are solid badassery and I like the story that was told.

• 3 months later...

I thought it was very good but had to laugh at the duck/knife thing.

My son and I laughed at the raghead hitting the tree twice before killing Luttrell's buddy.

Sue and I just finished watching it on Directv PPV. At the point I have painted red above^^^ I paused the movie, as I was overcome with rage at the thought of 5 goatfucking diaper wearing mutherfukers being let go by our communist president. As the tears burst from my eyes I choked briefly as I tried to hold back the internal screams of rage, I damn near passed out as I sat out on the patio and sobbed, that very well could have been my son, almost was in a different fight. My reaction freaked sue out a little bit, I found her off to the side of patio crying, all she says is that was very hard to watch.

I thought it was very good but had to laugh at the duck/knife thing.

My son and I laughed at the raghead hitting the tree twice before killing Luttrell's buddy.

Sue and I just finished watching it on Directv PPV. At the point I have painted red above^^^ I paused the movie, as I was overcome with rage at the thought of 5 goatfucking diaper wearing mutherfukers being let go by our communist president. As the tears burst from my eyes I choked briefly as I tried to hold back the internal screams of rage, I damn near passed out as I sat out on the patio and sobbed, that very well could have been my son, almost was in a different fight. My reaction freaked sue out a little bit, I found her off to the side of patio crying, all she says is that was very hard to watch.

While some like yourself have a larger investment in this mess, this is a tough and confusing time for all of us.  Many of us are filled with rage at this regime.  It sounds like you had some shit built up in you that needed an out and you found it.  Hang in there bro.