WTF Is this thing and how could it be legal?

They're perfectly legal. Just like the kits to stabilize your pistol against your chin.

As long as it doesn't make it so that your firearm is intended to be fired from the shoulder - it's not a buttstock.

That said, 2k is insane, pretty sure I've seen those for sale somewhere for a couple hundred bucks.

• Like 1

Totally legal. They just attach the buffer tube of an AR pistol to your forearm for stability. I believe my LGS may have some.

That said... I think Sig missed on this one. I wouldn't pay $50 for that thing. I could velcro a buffer tube to my arm for about $3 if I ever had an interest in doing thatshocked.gif

Edited by Big John!

That said... I think Sig missed on this one. I wouldn't pay $50 for that thing. I could velcro a buffer tube to my arm for about $3 if I ever had an interest in doing that:shocked:

For that amount of money, I'd just stick the buffer tube in my sleeve.

GUYS,

I SAW THOSE AT THE NRA SHOW IN HOUSTON, I MAY STAND CORRECTED, BUT I THINK CENTURY WAS CARRYING THESE ALSO.

YES, YOU ACTUALLY PUT THE END OF IT IN YOUR SHOULDER IF YOU DON'T MIND A REALLY SHORT STOCK.

IT'LL ALSO WORK ON AN AK PISTOL THAT'S SET UP FOR AN M4 TUBE.

WOULDN'T TOUCH IT, OR A SLIDEFIRE STOCK, AS MY SUSPICIOUS NATURE HAS LABELED BOTH AS A "DANGLE", IE, THE SIRLOIN LAYING ON THE PRESSURE PLATE OF THE BEAR TRAP.

POSSESSION GIVES THE BAT-BOYS GROUNDS FOR A MID-NIGHT NO-KNOCK, ON THE DAY THAT THEY DECIDE, OR ARE ORDERED, TO GO AROUND PICKING THEM UP, AS THEY'VE NOW BEEN DECLARED CLASS III OR JUST PLAIN PROHIBITED.

WE DO REMEMBER THE STREETSWEEPER, ET AL, RIGHT?

I DISTINCTLY REMEMBER FEINWITCH, AND MAYBE ONE OR TWO OTHERS, CITING THE SLIDEFIRE, BY NAME, AS ITEMS WHICH SHOULD BE CONFISCATED.

JESS1344

I just saw one of those on the outdoor channel yesterday. They were showing it off and explained that is was legally a stock.

The ATF has ruled it's NOT a stock.

And it's not a fail if people buy it.

It's not intended for shooting from the shoulder but it certainly makes shooting from the shoulder easier if a bit cramped.

I predict it will sell just fine.

As to this listing... Idiot.

I like the look of the P556 with the SB15. But I have no use for a 10" 223. If they make a P556R I will get one. As if I need to spend more money...

post-4831-0-86536600-1375467594_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus

Although the ATF has ruled it's not a stock, I think that may be because they were asleep at the wheel.

I've read some reviews on the thing, and quite a few people have quietly hush-hush said that it indeed works fine as a buttstock on an AR pistol. You just don't want certain people to see you doing it, since you are using the product in an "unintended manner," one which may get you in legal trouble - but so far as I know, nobody has run into such trouble.

Clever marketing and design.

I just saw one of those on the outdoor channel yesterday. They were showing it off and explained that is was legally a stock.

The ATF has ruled it's NOT a stock.

And it's not a fail if people buy it.

It's not intended for shooting from the shoulder but it certainly makes shooting from the shoulder easier if a bit cramped.

I predict it will sell just fine.

As to this listing... Idiot.

I like the look of the P556 with the SB15. But I have no use for a 10" 223. If they make a P556R I will get one. As if I need to spend more money...

ya, i didnt pay all that much attention. Maybe they were explaining how "can" be used as a stock, that would make more sense seeing as its used on a ar pistol?... Anyways, they were just showing it off how it works. I like most the guns they show off, but i was just more interesting in them getting back to the hunting.(eta: btw just noticed the confusion, i had meant that as "not" as stacok)

Edited by Chevyman097

Price was a type o. Now it's $200.

which is the same amount as the tax stamp to make anything a SBR. choices, buy this silly thing for 200 bucks or pony up the same amount of bucks to put a stock on a pistol and fire it from the shoulder?

yeah, I would pony up the bucks for a SBR.

and remember boys and girls, the NFA branch is good as saying it's OK, then they change their minds and tell you it's not OK.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Yeah the AR buffer tube thingy kind is by sig, looks like century is carrying a copy for the ak pistols that has some kinda bracket that fits under the pistol grip to hold it. Supposedly made out of some kinda dense foam rubber. They say its legal but I'm one of the people that don't see how. Of course when I first seen the mares legs in the display case at a local shop the first thing I asked was when did he start carrying SBR's.

Heck they recently had the court side with them that welding 2 halfs of a demilled grease gun (sold by the gov as scrap by the way) to be "readily restored" because they could weld them back together and put some other parts in and get them to run. http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca6/12-2205/12-2205-2013-05-29.pdf (bottom of page 4 and continued on page 5)

Bottom line, it's the ATF, don't even think about trying to apply any kind of logic to their reasoning.

SB47 from CAI. Don't call it an sbr. laugh.png

post-4831-0-13790400-1375478218.jpg

But if my Form 1 for my M92 was to be denied... bad_smile.gif

EDIT: That doesn't match the picture on the CAI website in some details. Maybe this one was just a proto.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Sig is actually selling those on their "pistol", not as if they are only selling them only as an attachment. And they include the paperwork from the ATF declaring it as legal. Just this week I got a email from Sig selling this configuration. I've not actually seen one in person, but the way it looks led me to believe in a "pinch" it would work fine as a traditional butt stock ...018.gif

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1