Hey NY!! McLaughlin considering run against Cuomo

Just seen this come through on FB from NY Safe Act Resoultions. I hope this guy is for real and actually has the nuts to do it. If so, I'll send a few bills his way!!

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin said he's considering a campaign for governor, but he said he still needs to raise millions of dollars if he hopes to unseat Governor Cuomo.

McLaughlin estimates he would need $15 million to $20 million to compete in a race with Cuomo. Another uphill battle for the Republican assemblyman, is name recognition against the governor.

Still, he said he's confident that he could win over many voters on issues like the New York SAFE Act.

“I think we'd be certainly competitive. Are you going to win New York City? Probably not. Can you get 35 percent? I think you can get 35, maybe 40 percent in the city. The key becomes upstate and Long Island. But the reality is this -- there's at least four million gun owners in the state. None of them that I know of are voting for Andrew Cuomo. If they show up and vote he's in real trouble, and he knows it,” said Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin.

McLaughlin said he'll likely make a final decision about a run in the fall.

Well if like they are saying.....4 million NY gun owners (donors) x $5.00 per each = $20 million dollars. Now figure in the gun lobby, local sportsman federations, hunting clubs, and so many other Orgs. maybe we can get him 3x the amount if not more. From what I know about campaign financing, people from other states can even send up to a certain dollar amount to a candidate. Now pay attention to that last sentence because as everyone in NY is already figuring, Tsar Andy will be running for the top seat of the country next go around! (and you thought Hillary would of been a nightmare!) Why do you think he passed the SAFE act so quickly ahead of Obama's? Now he can say he was the first Gov. to step up to the plate and pass gun control that was even tougher than the president's. Now what other States don't know is he has been getting concessions from the unions (including mine), NY City loves him and he has the Mayor Blooming idiot in his back pocket. He was the head of HUD and is all about giving $$$ to those who didn't earn it, He claims to of reigned unwarranted government spending in the state but it comes off the backs of our children's education as well as the TRULY disabled (ie autism, downs syndrome, mental health, etc...) So just remember this.......It may happen and the whole country may get to enjoy all that Tsar Andy has to offer!!! I pray it never happens!!!

Edited by sgt1146

Shit happens, now shit needs to change.

haha.gif

yeah, right. so you're going to trowing away your money on another ass stain that is going to talk about what he's going to do because it sounds good to you while you masturbate to it. then once he's in, he'll just be like the rest of them, rule over you and steal money.

you might as well take the money you're going to give this shithead and flush it down your toilet, that will do just as much good.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Yeah Matt Hopkins, throwing our money at another politician may end up as fruitless but at least we are willing to bet our $$$ to get back our freedoms. How would you like to live in a state where they want to pay out money to rat bastards who are willing to turn in their neighbor for having a so called banned weapon. What if it wasn't banned but they want to see your gun safe anyhow. What if your neighbor was just pissed at you for putting up a fence and he knew you were a sportsman and had guns. Donating some $$$ in a concerted effort to change the State of the State and bring back personal freedoms is what really needs to happen. He will get some of my paycheck, and the best thing of it....is who pays my salary. The People of New York!! Irony is a bitch.

• Like 2

Yeah Matt Hopkins, throwing our money at another politician may end up as fruitless but at least we are willing to bet our $$$ to get back our freedoms. . . Donating some $$$ in a concerted effort to change the State of the State and bring back personal freedoms is what really needs to happen.

lets look at the history of personal freedoms take away, and given back by another shit stain; it never has happen and never will. if you think that this shit stain is going to change the current law if he gets in is going to happen, you are taking some mind altering drugs or you're living in a fantasy world where unicorns reside .

What if your neighbor was just pissed at you for putting up a fence and he knew you were a sportsman and had guns

if your neighbors knows you have guns, it's because you went and blabbed about them. I know for a fact my neighbors don't know I have any guns, is because I don't go blabbing about it, and I am careful when I go to the range to not take out the house gun cases that is visible to everybody. I've lived here for over 10 years and aside from the usual "hi", if there is a conversion with them, it's the weather or some other subject that doesn't mean squat. I certainly don't go blabbing, "I got some guns"

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

if your neighbors knows you have guns, it's because you went and blabbed about them. I know for a fact my neighbors don't know I have any guns, is because I don't go blabbing about it, and I am careful when I go to the range to not take out the house gun cases that is visible to everybody. I've lived here for over 10 years and aside from the usual "hi", if there is a conversion with them, it's the weather or some other subject that doesn't mean squat. I certainly don't go blabbing, "I got some guns"

My neighbors hear and see me shooting almost daily. Just because you are in YOUR situation doesn't mean everyone is.... or would want to be.

FYI, one of my neighbors has HIS own range, too. I think there is more shooting in my rural neighborhood than in Chicago, but no one here has ever gotten killed.... yet.

• Like 1

I can almost guarantee almost 50% of my city has a weapon. We are a community with deep rooted hunting/fishing heritage. So walking out your front door with a gun here is almost not even looked at twice. When I moved in and found out that I had some neighbors I didn't care for the looks of I announced myself loud and clear. Got my Mossberg 935, my cleaning kit and a cold beer and racked the action as I sat on the back porch and cleaned my weapon. ( wife called me a few choice words about that one ) Our crime rates are low compared to the larger cities and most of that has to deal with how many folks here do own weapons. We can banter back and forth about politics and personal beliefs all day and that gets us no where. What we do need is more action from the voting gun owner. We are in a rare spot where even most of our state's law enforcement departments are against our Governor. Making a choice for any politician is a risky bet but for once maybe our side can affect a real change. Will never know if we don't try.

Shit happens, now shit needs to change.

:haha2:

yeah, right. so you're going to trowing away your money on another ass stain that is going to talk about what he's going to do because it sounds good to you while you masturbate to it. then once he's in, he'll just be like the rest of them, rule over you and steal money.

you might as well take the money you're going to give this shithead and flush it down your toilet, that will do just as much good.

You're absolutely right. In fact I'm just gonna go sit in my basement and hide out the rest of my life. Maybe after dark I'll sneak all my infringed rights outta the basement and I can pretend to shoot em in the woods. Then again I'm not a fuckin coward, and I'm friends with all my surrounding neighbors, and talk to them, and shoot with them.

McLaughlin spoke at a local rally in Plattsburgh Friday and I'd have him over Coumo. Not all of us are gonna hide from life.

• Like 1