Nice mag pouches for $3 each

Just throwing some mag storage ideas out there.

Bought a bunch of these East German surplus pouches from Numrich to keep my mags in. The pouches I bought are the straight ones with the side pocket in excellent/new condition (item 1135430). Every one I've received has been unused. These are very sturdy, too. I'd say the material is around 2-3 times as thick as the denim in your average pair of jeans and seems to be water resistant as well. Both my 74 and 47 mags work fine in here, but the 47 mags are just a bit more snug.

If you have an account, Numrich has a $1.25 discount on each of these if you buy more than three. Combine that with the coupon code that you get from calling during business hours for $5 off of shipping makes these $3.05 each by the time you get them. This obviously only works when you buy exactly 3 at a time though.

7FB9246E-2141-4775-8368-A096CCE0743C-709

That bottom left pocket also has 3 mini-pockets for stripper clips.

95d11646-d319-4d2f-a76e-fef03bd775dc_zps

The side pocket was made for a cleaning kit (I'm assuming the East German roll-pouch type), but it happens to fit a full-size Glock mag perfectly.

013D1B85-28FD-49AD-8FC2-812DCA63226D-709

• Like 2

They work very nicely with the S-12 5 round mags as well. I have also seen them used with the .308 20 round mags too (holds 2, but the top flap secures)

CTD was recently carrying them for $2.95 in like new condition.( I know, it was difficult for me to believe that CTD would have something that I needed at a reasonable price)

I do like the pouches, as Im using Russian versions of yours. I tend to run my mags ammo down, and use an oil bottle filled with windex for the corrosive ammo where you have your Glock mag. But your side pouch looks much deeper than the ones on my Russian pouches. Still cool.

I use the Russian breadbag for my S12. Holds 8 10 rnd mags, plus has internal pouches that I use for holding a take down rod, batteries for the sights, and 2 pockets on the front that will hold a 15/17 rnd PT-92 mag. Add a military GP strap, and you're set!

IMG_2568_zps37e4f2b4.jpg

IMG_2567_zps0e0c4e50.jpg

I use the Russian breadbag for my S12. Holds 8 10 rnd mags, plus has internal pouches that I use for holding a take down rod, batteries for the sights, and 2 pockets on the front that will hold a 15/17 rnd PT-92 mag. Add a military GP strap, and you're set!

IMG_2568_zps37e4f2b4.jpg

IMG_2567_zps0e0c4e50.jpg

Where did you get this? thanks

IMG_2568_zps37e4f2b4.jpg

IMG_2567_zps0e0c4e50.jpg

Where did you get this? thanks

+2. Where?

Bought the smaller pouch tonight. It "should" hold six S12 5 rnd mags, but it is a little deep. (mags sit about 1/2" below the rim) The 3 mags I do have come to the center of the pouch, so again, it should hold 6.

I think this would be a great hunting bag as I don't need to carry 80 rounds for deer/bird hunting.

Also saw some leather AK mag pouches at Fleet in Appleton, WI. They carry 4 mags each.