My 2011 MK/AK-104 stamps the cases :(

As said above it was/is done so Russian law enforcement can determine whether rounds were fired from a military or civilian firearm.

Strange thing is my 7.62x54r Tigr/SVDS doesn't do this, so why only Saiga AKs?.

Edited by UKAK

Rounds fired from a glock are also very noticeable. But not on purpose...and it doesn't destroy the brass. Just leaves a rectangle on the primer

And both are easily reloadable! I know this because I reload both.

On the other hand, the "glocked" brass does no harm to the primer pocket......perhaps you are thinking of the unsupported chamber, leaving a small bulge on the case.

Thread jack? The question was answered several times over. Im keeping the title the same...just changing chapters

Responses in regard to a 2009 and 2011 samples are hardly definitive. I was looking for recent anecdotes. If you desire to pontificate to the greatness of Glock there are better venues for such.

Maybe I should have been more clear; are all of the 2013 samples necked or is it random like it was in 2010?

Thanks.

Call the manufacturer. Who said I like glock? I just said they also leave a distinctive mark as well and they're not the only pistols with unsupported chambers. In fact I'm not very fond of glock at all. The only two glocks I've owned were recalled because the slide rails were bent at a 90 degree angle when they shouldn't have been. Remember that?

I have a 2011-manufactured IZ-132. It is the first COMBLOCK weapon that I have owned, and I have been slowly trying to accumulate some of the more in-depth knowledge about it from this site for awhile, now, so please pardon the naivety of my question.

What should I be looking for in my rifle to see if it has a stepped chamber or not? Will the chamber opening have a severely beveled appearance?

I have a 2011-manufactured IZ-132. It is the first COMBLOCK weapon that I have owned, and I have been slowly trying to accumulate some of the more in-depth knowledge about it from this site for awhile, now, so please pardon the naivety of my question.

What should I be looking for in my rifle to see if it has a stepped chamber or not? Will the chamber opening have a severely beveled appearance?

If you have a stepped chamber a fired case will have a noticeable raised/bulged ring around the base of the neck.

UKAK and W8lifter,

Thanks for the information. I just got done reading that sticky, and it explained everything. Now I have to do some checking to see what happens with my cases at the range, next time. I don't really remember having seen anything unusual before--not that it really seems to matter. At this point, it's just a matter of curiosity since the characteristic doesn't cause any changes in performance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an April 2009 7.62x39 that has no step in the chamber, has a dimpled receiver, a pre-drilled PG hole, handguard notches on the barrel... but it didn't have threads under the FSB.  

It was interesting after I cut off the FSB and found no threads because I've read that a lot of people who have the other features that I mentioned above also had threaded barrels.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got both stepped and unstepped Saigas.  Only reloaders will have a problem with stepped.  I have some unfired 7.62x39 brass that I reloaded for the stepped Saiga.  Almost all of it cracked at the neck after the second firing. 

Haven't tried reloading for the unstepped Saiga yet.