does this look stupid? (pic)

Well i got bored n started diggin through the box o stuff n realized i still had a real grip pod that i can no longer use on my sgl without throwing a moe rail on it..had originally got the grip pod for use on my old x39 but i sold it to a friend. Id attached a moe rail to my s308 handguard for a beefier sling point and it crossed my mind to see if the pod would fit on the rail and looked ok on it. What do yall think?

post-46523-0-18459300-1376091580_thumb.jpg

post-46523-0-42777800-1376091618_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

LUPINATOR,

CAN YOU BRING THAT PIECE OF RAIL BACK FURTHER?

HERE'S MY 'X54R VEPR:

post-45478-0-55246500-1376425594_thumb.jpg

HAVING THE GRIP POD FURTHER BACK DOES TWO THINGS,

IT MAKES IT FAR EASIER TO USE IT AS A VERTICAL FRONT GRIP,

AS WELL AS, WITH IT FURTHER BACK, YOU DON'T HAVE TO

SWING THE WHOLE GUN AROUND TO TRAVERSE FROM THE PRONE,

YOU'RE MORE USING THE GRIP POD AS A PIVOT.

JESS1344

Because the rifle has to swing more on the pivot of the bipod when its more towards the front of the rifle, the rifle becomes less susceptible to move from our body movements. None of us are super still, so with it farther away from the body, the reticle in the scope will be more stable, but for faster movement, yes, have it closer would be better. I prefer stability over the speed.

• Like 1

...i could add another moe rail to the hg pretty fast, but this was never really meant for fast target acquisition. More a longer range role as my x39 has the fast part covered. Plus with this gun i really had no plans of actually using the grip pod as a vertical foregrip when shooting offhand. Were it a 16in barrel id be singing a different tune tho lolz. I appreciate the remarks, i wasnt too sure itd look right as i think the two legged bipods look pretty sharp but use what ya got huh? We will soon see how the grip pod and moe rail handle .308 recoil goodness!

Thanks again guys :)