Finally hit the range

Long time - no post, as my MKA has been sitting quietly in it's case since last fall. I had a pistol competition this morning at an outdoor range, and knowing my buddy was one of the RO's on the rifle range, I decided to bring my shotgun.

Only slugs are allowed and one round only in the gun. Having my buddy as RO, he looked the other way as I test fired my Salem 6 10rn mags. No issues at all.

Although I loaded up on most of the 922r goodies long ago, I have yet to install anything. I was firing a totally stock rifle. I shot at the 25 yard station because a) I had yet to sight-in the gun and cool.png it was furthest away from all the other shooters, so I could be discrete about breaking the one round rule.

Accuracy was spot-on out of the box. I didn't need to touch a thing. The first 5 rounds went through the same hole. I'm totally new to shot guns and was unprepared for the recoil and subsequent sore shoulder. I slowed my pace and soldiered through focusing on reliability tests. A butt pad is my next purchase. And I've got to install my Tromix trigger kit because the stock trigger sucks.

I was surprised to discover that the MKA can be fired without the magazine in place. This made loading single rounds a breeze. I was also amazed as to how far the shells were ejected. After a couple dozen rounds or so, I felt the fore end becoming loose. A quick tightening of the rod cap snugged things up, but I don't care for the cheezey cap. I'm going to keep the stock fore end, but would like to see the aftermarket make a decent locking cap. All-in-all, I'm quite pleased and can't wait to try my hand at clays.

/M

Edited by BellaCorse
  • Like 1