Chrome flakes

Shot maybe 100 rd's thru it.Tore it all the way down for the first time ran the bore snake thru it.Later I saw some shiney chips on the floor one side black on the other very thin like paper and magnetic.Could it be chrome comeing off inside barrel or just some waste from the chrome process?

A person sold me some shells that were his dads that died,come to find out they were for cowboy action shooting-low recoil and a lot of smoke could they of had anything magnetic in the shells,i only shot maybe 10 of them.

Sounds like light black powder loads. Black powder is corrosive. The sulfur in it combines with moisture to create sulphuric acid. Strip your gun down and clean it with hot water and Ballistol, let dry, then oil and you'll be fine. I shoot BP all the time, but not out of a gas gun. BP is a bad idea in a gas operated gun.

A person sold me some shells that were his dads that died,come to find out they were for cowboy action shooting-low recoil and a lot of smoke could they of had anything magnetic in the shells,i only shot maybe 10 of them.

Sounds like light black powder loads. Black powder is corrosive. The sulfur in it combines with moisture to create sulphuric acid. Strip your gun down and clean it with hot water and Ballistol, let dry, then oil and you'll be fine. I shoot BP all the time, but not out of a gas gun. BP is a bad idea in a gas operated gun.

Thanks,I know nothing but I think Im going with your awnser -off for some ballistol.

Guess I over looked the magnetic, I read metallicrolleyes.gif ,

If it's magnetic and Chrome, I do some serious inspection to find the source, RAAC has always been excellent on warranty, well that's mostly from what I've read, we've only had 3 warranty issues, all were smooth transactions. Only one was from us, the other 2 we sent in for customers.

Tore it down and barrel was very clean. There are definitely 2 spots, side by side, about 5-6" from the feed ramp side, into the barrel. I ran a cleaning cloth through and the cloth was snagging on those 2 spots. It's obvious that the 3 fragments came from that area. What should I do....call the retailer, or the manufacturer/importer?

Tore it down and barrel was very clean. There are definitely 2 spots, side by side, about 5-6" from the feed ramp side, into the barrel. I ran a cleaning cloth through and the cloth was snagging on those 2 spots. It's obvious that the 3 fragments came from that area. What should I do....call the retailer, or the manufacturer/importer?

That's the first barrel problem I've heard of. Please keep us informed with any info you might receive. Was this an XN or pre-XN model?

Thanks.

It is a XN,I shot it 2 times and under 75(if) rounds all just clay pigone loads.I asked FB if they have seen this before-they said no.But if its gonna happen its always me it happens too why why lol.

Edited by Get-n-Ready

Man... I just got my new XN version too. Will have to go shoot it and see what is up as well.

But to be honest when I received the MKA1919, my first impression was not very positive...looks like a toy in a way; just does not seem to have a "rugged" feel about it...especially that polymer stock/lower receiver combo.

Mine also looked like it was test-fired at the factory 10-15 times and then got sent away all dirty.

As much crap as Saigas/Veprs get ...I still think they are a tank compared to this thing IMO, I guess I shall see.

Keep us updated on what they find.

Edited by HappYBallZ

Man... I just got my new XN version too. Will have to go shoot it and see what is up as well.

But to be honest when I received the MKA1919, my first impression was not very positive...looks like a toy in a way; just does not seem to have a "rugged" feel about it...especially that polymer stock/lower receiver combo.

Mine also looked like it was test-fired at the factory 10-15 times and then got sent away all dirty.

As much crap as Saigas/Veprs get ...I still think they are a tank compared to this thing IMO, I guess I shall see.

Can you say"Aftermarket Parts"???

Can you say"Aftermarket Parts"???

That's for sure mine went from 6.5 lbs stock......with all I added it now is over 10 lbs look bad ass and feels solid as hell.