Vepr12 + Chaos Porkypine= holyshit!

These have been sitting unfinished on our shelf's for almost five years. We have been promising to finish these up for a couple years now but have been busy and not able to get to them. I finally pulled the trigger and put the order out on the shop floor to finish them up. these are the last remaining stock, these are not new production! When they are gone, they are gone! I had these laser marked in neon yellow green to signify these are the last ones, oh and that makes them Zombie ready as well.

• Like 2

They're not cheap, but a hell of a lot cheaper than at the zombie gun shows where these have reportedly sold for over $2,000.00! These are an unusual one of kind piece of hardware that will only go up in value. I have had people tell me they've paid their mortgage be selling their Chaos Porkypine with money to boot.

They're not cheap, but a hell of a lot cheaper than at the zombie gun shows where these have reportedly sold for over $2,000.00! These are an unusual one of kind piece of hardware that will only go up in value. I have had people tell me they've paid their mortgage be selling their Chaos Porkypine with money to boot.

shocked.gif

And I was told that I was crazy paying for them during the pre-buy...

Story of my life.... I have wanted one since i got my first Saiga-12 several years ago and they have been nonexistent. Job shots the bed and now theyre available. My last remaining spare gun money went to you guys for my VEPR quad to boot.

Great idea-

Have a contest, with a drawing, for one and pick me.

Woot thanks smile.png

closed.jpg

open.jpg

I need to learn to take better pictures

Love the pig sticker wink.png almost makes me want to haul it to the Gunshow on Sat just to see people drool

You dont need zombies, use it on whoever bought that comforter....

I would love to have one of these also. Looks awesome.

Edited by menace667

Well, this thread has given me a new appreciation for my Porkypine. It's always nice to have something that is hard to get, but from a business standpoint I don't know why Cameron doesn't keep cranking these out as long as people will buy them. From my amateur point of view it sounds like it would be a good idea to tool up and get a large stockpile of these on the shelf even if it takes a while to sell all of them.

Well my guess is and I am a manufacturer. Is that the cost of making them runs more than they can be reliably sold for. Milling equipment is not cheep and selling an item even at 350 bucks a pop takes a long time to make up the 80+ thousand dollar machine with out materials tools and labor and it would take more than 1 cnc pc of equipment to make them.

And if he can make 2x the cash turning out the other things he makes that sell fast why would he ?

I have no clue what his profit margin is but for our cnc mill to brake even it has to churn out 65 bucks an hour on average and that's just the equipment and operator with the eq paid for. the cost of the building electricity insurance blah blah blah is not counted in that if you include every thing I bet it hits close to 90-100 bucks an hour to turn a profit.

Most people that make parts and sell them are in it to make money at the end of the day if he could make cash selling them then as a business man I am sure he would.

My best guess is he finished the product he had and is selling them for as much as he feels he can get to recover his costs of design, set up tooling. trial and error ect ect ect.

if you really think its a big profit item why not start a shop and start making them and sell them. I bet you would learn fast there is no money in it or he would continue to make them.

Sorry for the rant but its a pet peeve of mine with as many times as I have been told why did you quit making that golden egg. Folks if it was a golden egg then it would not go away.

And if I am totally off base my apologies

• Like 1

Well my guess is and I am a manufacturer. Is that the cost of making them runs more than they can be reliably sold for. Milling equipment is not cheep and selling an item even at 350 bucks a pop takes a long time to make up the 80+ thousand dollar machine with out materials tools and labor and it would take more than 1 cnc pc of equipment to make them.

And if he can make 2x the cash turning out the other things he makes that sell fast why would he ?

I have no clue what his profit margin is but for our cnc mill to brake even it has to churn out 65 bucks an hour on average and that's just the equipment and operator with the eq paid for. the cost of the building electricity insurance blah blah blah is not counted in that if you include every thing I bet it hits close to 90-100 bucks an hour to turn a profit.

Most people that make parts and sell them are in it to make money at the end of the day if he could make cash selling them then as a business man I am sure he would.

My best guess is he finished the product he had and is selling them for as much as he feels he can get to recover his costs of design, set up tooling. trial and error ect ect ect.

if you really think its a big profit item why not start a shop and start making them and sell them. I bet you would learn fast there is no money in it or he would continue to make them.

Sorry for the rant but its a pet peeve of mine with as many times as I have been told why did you quit making that golden egg. Folks if it was a golden egg then it would not go away.

And if I am totally off base my apologies

Ya, i never said I thought i could get rich off of it. I was just asking Cameron why he never made them because it seemed like there is a huge interest in them. Thanks for the input. Im completely aware that I have no idea what its cost to run a business of his type or how much it cost to make a product. Thats why I was showing interest and asking.

Its a pretty fucking cool product and it seems( on the idiot consumer dont know shit about anything end) that it might not take much to produce so im curious. I am fully aware that I may be wrong about it.

Edited by Chevyman097

Woot thanks smile.png

closed.jpg

open.jpg

I need to learn to take better pictures

Love the pig sticker wink.png almost makes me want to haul it to the Gunshow on Sat just to see people drool

You dont need zombies, use it on whoever bought that comforter....

I would love to have one of these also. Looks awesome.

That comforter was hand made by my mom and is priceless at least to me.