Pic request 6 & 8 round AGP mags on unconverted Saiga

I can't locate a pic of this, the gun has a CSS us brake and SGM butt pad, the brake should make it 922r compatible with us made hi cap mags from what I can tell.

Here is pic of proof of brake so im not violating 922r

Drums are kinda heavy and expensive and 10-12 rounders look weird and hang to low unconverted.

F0DD1C8C-4E12-4EF8-9284-C66C0D2D9461-220

'Spose I'll take a turn this time in saying convert it if your state laws allow.

Using a US made FCG is gonna get you another 3 parts, and a much better trigger pull than in sporter configuration.

The gun will also feel and balance much better.

Edited by JoeAK
  • Like 1

I second that, I swore up and down that I wouldn't convert my rifle, but did it anyway, and I'm very happy I did.

With no stock or trigger mods, that leaves the handguard, gas puck and "op rod".

So if i add tapco pistion puck and .... Im good?

What else can i add thats cheap?

So i can get an extra part

Brake 1

Mag 3

Piston puck 1

????? 1?

Remember it is about removing foreign parts, not adding USA. The ATF so far has not decided that things on the barrel threads count as a "muzzle device" for 922r. They could change thier minds, but at the moment, your brake isn't helping.

Puck is a very cheap part. Forend is less cheap, but if you are dead set on keeping sporterized layout it is probably the next easiest. Replacing the "operating rod" (part that would be a piston on a normal AK) is a bit more of a chore, but not too bad, and is a little cheaper than the forend. It would also let you keep the factory look.

+1 on what cobra said.