QD Sling Mounts with Level 10 Handguard and Side-Charging Handle?

If you went with a QD setup for your sling and have a handguard like the Level 10 with the side-charging handle... could you post a picture of it here and your thoughts about the setup, please? (For my MKA 1919, I'm going to use the mounting point in my Magpul CTR stock for the rear location.)

I don't have mine yet, but I intend to use a T&N forend with full rail on bottom. I will be trying one of these sling mounts along that bottom rail for a front mounting point.

http://damageusa.com/product/multi-mount-sling-mount

Thanks, YamaDog35. I have no interest in a single-point setup. I've been thinking about the bottom two in your picture, particularly the middle one of the three in the photo. With the middle one, mounted on the top rail, I'm thinking I'd have "hand clearance" to work the side-charging handle (as needed). I hadn't thought about mounting it underneath.

Thanks, YamaDog35. I have no interest in a single-point setup. I've been thinking about the bottom two in your picture, particularly the middle one of the three in the photo. With the middle one, mounted on the top rail, I'm thinking I'd have "hand clearance" to work the side-charging handle (as needed). I hadn't thought about mounting it underneath.

If you get this, let us know how it works. I won't have my T&N forend for a little while so if you try this sling mount and it sucks, you can save me some money biggrin.png

Edited by yamadog35
  • 5 weeks later...

I ended up getting Blue Force Gear (Vickers) padded slings for both my MKA 1919 and my .458 SOCOM. I used Midwest Industries "Heavy Duty Flush Button QD Swivel" (four of them, of course, from Brownells -- 100-008-814WB), a VTAC-RSM for my SOCOM's forward mount and a Midwest Industries "QD Front Sling Adapter" for my MKA 1919. The latter I mounted to the top of my Tooth and Nail Level 10 handguard at the farthest position forward. I really like the slings; they were easy to set up and they're very easy to use.

Just FYI, I didn't go with the stock backplate that came with the RSM when I mounted it to the VTAC handguard on my SOCOM. Instead, I ordered different mounts so I could use the backplates that came with them, per this thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_19/562462_VTAC_RSM.html (I have the same rifle-length handguard as pictured in the thread. I mounted mine as far forward as possible in the [shooter's] left-side, forward-most slot.)

For the MKA 1919, I'm happy with the "clearance" I have in being able to use the charging handle on the Level 10 handguard without interference from the sling.

Just thought I'd post how things turned out.

Edited by Hunter308