"Clearance" on bulgy 5.56 mags.. haha

Browsing Midway today to grab a mag for my S&W 622 and decided to browse clearance while I was there.

You can imagine my excitment when I saw "Arsenal, inc. .223 magazine"! Pff, until I saw the price... $41.48

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/922148/arsenal-inc-magazine-ak-47-ak-74-sar-3-223-remington-30-round-polymer-clear

Yeah, $41 AND they're the undesirable "clear" ones (the clear ones do not have the metal reinforcements that make the black/colored ones legendary. Just an overpriced plastic mag. IMHO, I'd avoid these.

Edit: Upon further research, it seems these have metal lugs but no metal in the feed lips. That's a decent trade off, however I'm not sure if the clear/smoke mags are still made as brittle as they used to be reported as. If they were under $35, I'd give them a shot, but not at over $40.

Edited by Brian M1
  • Like 1

that's the one thing I don't need is mags. I bought shit loads for each firearm I have when they were really cheap, brand spankin new in wrappers E.German 74 mags at 4 or 5 bucks a pop, bought so many I was able to convert 10 of them to ,223 for my SAR-3.

I bought real German MP-5 mags made in the 70s for 15 bucks a pop, they are the straight ones that just don't look as "sexy" as the 70+ bucks curved ones, but they work like a champ.

• Like 1