Any news on new 223's coming in?

You would have to weld some material to the end of the firing pin where the hammer strikes. The Saiga .223 is a standard AK-74 firing pin except for having a flared portion here that acts as a spring retainer.

See this thread where I posted photos and dimensions of Saiga .223 vs AK-74 pin.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/85834-saiga-223-firing-pin-dimensionsspring-specifications-modifying-ak74-bolt-to-be-sprung/

Like I said.. You can drop in a normal AK-74 firing pin right into the Saiga .223 bolt and will operate as normal.

The Saiga .223 will also accept a complete 5.45x39 AK-74 bolt and will operate properly with it - however the bolt must be checked for headspacing.

I'm having some Vepr/Saiga .223 and .308 firing pins made. Give me a couple months while I work with the fabricator. I hope to offer the pin/spring/ferrule package.

You would have to weld some material to the end of the firing pin where the hammer strikes. The Saiga .223 is a standard AK-74 firing pin except for having a flared portion here that acts as a spring retainer.

See this thread where I posted photos and dimensions of Saiga .223 vs AK-74 pin.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/85834-saiga-223-firing-pin-dimensionsspring-specifications-modifying-ak74-bolt-to-be-sprung/

Like I said.. You can drop in a normal AK-74 firing pin right into the Saiga .223 bolt and will operate as normal.

The Saiga .223 will also accept a complete 5.45x39 AK-74 bolt and will operate properly with it - however the bolt must be checked for headspacing.

I'm having some Vepr/Saiga .223 and .308 firing pins made. Give me a couple months while I work with the fabricator. I hope to offer the pin/spring/ferrule package.

When you do , I will be interested in one for the Saiga .223 if it is the spring type

• Like 1

When you do , I will be interested in one for the Saiga .223 if it is the spring type

I'm having them made specifically for the S308 and S223. I just sent out the schematics today.

I'm still in the process of spec'ing the springs and collars.

The Saiga replacement pins (in Stainless Steel hardened to C40) will start being made after Labor Day; at least that's what the fabricator says. I have no idea on how much they're gonna cost me.

Well, it all depends in how much you would want to charge for the pins . If it is reasonable , I will most likely order one .

Edited by josey88
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The fab shop is loading the program into their CNC.  Should be soon.

How far can you go next?

I mean, with all the talents and resources here, I hope someone would have brains and guts to start making an All-American .223 Saiga.

Mancat and Cerephim, start playing Powerball Lotto.

I'll buy few tickets; if I win, I'll invest in you.

In a meantime, hold on tight to whatcha got, folks. And buy them darn lottery tickets...

• Like 1

Seriously speaking, it's all about the collaborative enterprise, kind of following the Century's and Krebs' proven pattern of getting their own US-made AKs.

There are quality American-made barrels, trunnion/receivers, FCG, even add-on STANAG mag wells, etc, etc.

We just need to get it all together and exhibit greater innovation and flexibility than being currently offered.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

why does this say the receiver and barrel are made in the USA?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CENTURY-ARMS-SAIGA-RIFLES/1776334.uts

the description is 100% fucked up. looks like it was lifted from a Century C93 CETME

Functioning just like the CETME rifle, the Saiga C-93 is chambered in 5.56/.223. The fluted chamber allows for reliable cycling and a roller lock bolt system. Stock, pistol grip and forend are all constructed out of impact-resistant plastic. Receiver and barrel are made in the USA. As an alternative to bluing, the entire rifle is parkerized for protection. Includes one 40-rd. magazine and bayonet.
  • 3 weeks later...
Kalashnikov to ship up to 200,000 guns to U.S. annually

http://rbth.ru/news/2014/01/16/kalashnikov_to_ship_up_to_200000_guns_to_us_annually_33307.html

17:14 January 16, 2014 Interfax

The Kalahsnikov concern, which is a part of the Rostec state corporation, and the Russian Weapon Company (RWC) signed an agreement on the delivery of Kalashnikov-produced weapons to the United States and Canada as part of the Shot Show 2014 in Las Vegas.

"Pavel Kolegov, Kalahsnikov concern deputy director for sales and marketing and Thomas McCrosin, RWC Group LLC CEO took part in the official signing ceremony," the Kalahsnikov concern said in a statement obtained by Interfax-AVN on Thursday.

According to the contract, RWC has got an exclusive right to deliver to the United States and Canada sports and hunting weapons under Izhmash and Baikal brands produced by the Kalashnikov concern. The five-year contract envisions the shipment of 80,000 to 200,000 guns per year. RWC will not only sell but also provide maintenance services.

"We expect that cooperation [with RWC] will allow us to increase the concern's share on the world's largest civil weapons market," the statement reads.

• 2 weeks later...

JG Sales has dropped the price to $499. That's a pretty good price. http://www.jgsales.com/saiga-ak-style-rifle,-223,-20.5-barrel,-black-synthetic-stock,-new.-p-60035.html

Pins are being hardened this week.  Should get them before the end of the year.

Any update on the replacement pins? I'm interested in one when they are ready.

• 2 weeks later...