Want to take over?

Mods feel free to move this accordingly

I have a Saiga .223 I am in the process of converting and have hit the point where I have run out of money and I start back teaching and coaching in the next couple weeks. I am not listing this yet just wanted to see if there was an interest in a general sense of someone who might be interested in finishing what I started.

In its current condition I have removed the:

• fcg (not re-usable)
  • trigger guard (not re-usable)
  • svd side rail (not re-usable; farthest rivet back needs to be replaced where SVD rail was)
  • front gas block (not re-usable)
  • front sight block (not re-usable)

No defects; but does have light barrel nicks around the gas block and front sight block (didn't use a brass punch), a few light dremel scratches and a small notch on the outside of the muzzle; not in the crown (when I bought it used it has this inside the muzzle collar; weird).

Still have the bcg, lrbho, tension spring/rod (don't know the name); a 10 rnd factory mag and 2 30 rnd tapco mags, piviot pins, hammer spring; basically everything except the original fcg.

I am not price fishing; just honestly wanted to know if there was any kind of interest in this kind of project before I actually list it. Thanks guys!

post-47698-0-82310500-1376694214_thumb.jpg

post-47698-0-60161600-1376694219_thumb.jpg

post-47698-0-76670500-1376694224_thumb.jpg

post-47698-0-58613300-1376694231_thumb.jpg

post-47698-0-59172100-1376694236_thumb.jpg

A few more:

post-47698-0-68694700-1376694431_thumb.jpg

post-47698-0-78678100-1376694436_thumb.jpg

post-47698-0-22522700-1376694442_thumb.jpg

post-47698-0-06243300-1376694449_thumb.jpg

post-47698-0-66918000-1376694456_thumb.jpg

To be blunt - so far, for most people, you've done nothing but remove value. It is no longer a functional rifle. If you hadn't destroyed the gb and fsb, you'd still have a readily restorable rifle - as is, somebody will need to track down and install the appropriate barrel parts just to make it a useable weapon. Given, if somebody wants to do that, they can also notch the barrel and install a lower handguard retainer. Removing the side rail was an odd decision. If someone wants it, they'll have to track down a new compatible rail - if they don't, they have to contend with the extra holes in the receiver.

I'm not shitting on your project, just trying to be honest with you. If you're able to find someone whose idea of an awesome .223 happens to coincide with everything you've done already, you may get a few hundred dollars for it.

As is, I'd say with the bolt/carrier and the barreled receiver, just as parts, it's probably worth $200-275.

To be blunt - so far, for most people, you've done nothing but remove value. It is no longer a functional rifle. If you hadn't destroyed the gb and fsb, you'd still have a readily restorable rifle - as is, somebody will need to track down and install the appropriate barrel parts just to make it a useable weapon. Given, if somebody wants to do that, they can also notch the barrel and install a lower handguard retainer. Removing the side rail was an odd decision. If someone wants it, they'll have to track down a new compatible rail - if they don't, they have to contend with the extra holes in the receiver.

I'm not shitting on your project, just trying to be honest with you. If you're able to find someone whose idea of an awesome .223 happens to coincide with everything you've done already, you may get a few hundred dollars for it.

As is, I'd say with the bolt/carrier and the barreled receiver, just as parts, it's probably worth $200-275.

No worries man, I did do it with a very specific goal in mind, if you don't like it I am not going to worry about it. I was really going for a sleek AK-AR blend with the voodoo tactical bolt on FSGB cut, crowned, threaded and pinned FCS556 muzzle brake, DA conversion, and cerakote...yea the works. My lively hood doesn't depend on this project so I am not really worried. It is just a gun project, and there will be more.

• Like 1

I could be your Huckelberry for the right price as well.

But, why not hold onto it? You can always get back to it later. No more Saiga rifles will be imported.

Say what???

No more Saiga rifles will be imported. The "SAIGA" brand is done and gone with the bankruptcy. Kalishnakov Concern is going to be the replacement, but who knows if and when we will ever see them.

if you have any desire to return to that project at a later date, better hold onto it. you only have a couple days' worth of work to get where you want to go with that.

if not, someone here WILL buy it and probably won't screw you. we know the truth of the matter, which is that you already did most of the pain in the ass work for the buyer..

if I lived closer, I would offer to help finish for free.. unfortunately I don't live on the Idaho side of WA.

Edited by mancat

if you have any desire to return to that project at a later date, better hold onto it. you only have a couple days' worth of work to get where you want to go with that.

if not, someone here WILL buy it and probably won't screw you. we know the truth of the matter, which is that you already did most of the pain in the ass work for the buyer..

if I lived closer, I would offer to help finish for free.. unfortunately I don't live on the Idaho side of WA.

Thanks for the encouragment! I might try to stick it out we will see..

• Like 1

But, why not hold onto it? You can always get back to it later. No more Saiga rifles will be imported.

Say what???

No more Saiga rifles will be imported. The "SAIGA" brand is done and gone with the bankruptcy. Kalishnakov Concern is going to be the replacement, but who knows if and when we will ever see them.

Holly shit.......I'm glad I got the S12 last week, and now I don't feel so bad about paying $775 for it money.gif

• Like 1

This is what this forum does that I love. Thanks for that Mancat.

Say what???

The Russian Federation has a trade agreement which provides that they can import "Saiga." It doesn't say sporter Kalashnikovs. So whatever imports it will be called "Saiga." Unless they plan to only import Vepr which is also on the list but that is a Molot product.

NO CAPTAIN HERO I WILL NOT MAKE OUT WITH YOU

• Like 1

haha.gif

You will make out with him, and you'll pretend to like it damn it!

Don't worry hero, I got your back on this. We'll do to him what speilberg did to Indiana jones.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

You will make out with him, and you'll pretend to like it damn it!

Don't worry hero, I got your back on this. We'll do to him what speilberg did to Indiana jones.

Hell yeah. Thats what Im talkin about. cool.png