223 brake choices.

I need help choosing. First- I have the .591 muzzle. This limits me. I'm thinking a m15x1 HK brake. This means I don't have to turn down the barrel. I found the die and tat for $50 and some brakes for $35ish anyone go this route and what did you use and did you like it. I want something that isn't gonna weigh a ton and not too loud. The ak74 brakes aren't too loud but are bigger than what I want. I can't go with a flash hider since I'm in ct, and I can't try out brake after brake cause I have to pin and weld the second its done. The brake I'm looking at is a HK birdcage style.

I had the barrel threaded (it is a .591 with 20 inches long) and bought and Installed a genuine german AK-74 zig-zag brake (14 to 1 LH) . I had to purchase the 24mm adaptor for the brake also , but the brake is beautiful and the finish is incredible . I like it very much .

I did it because I wanted the 74 brake but you can perfectly well go with a 1 to 15 RH brake .

Edited by josey88