I did a search on duckduckgo, and the best I saw was a place in Texas that has a new design firing pin that has a spring, also one site that did show pictures of the hammer, YEP, it's totally different. I found a new sear at another site, but no hammers or other parts.

E-bay ?????????????????????? you kiddin me?

I was trying to find a replacement trigger group for a buddy's SKS a while back. Everyone was sold out, but Ebay had several available. It ran him around 100 bucks for the complete group if I recall correctly. Worth checking out.

If that falls through, you might want to call APEX. A lot of times they have a lot of stuff that is not on their website. You just have to call and ask.

Edited by Spacehog

The front sight post is also interchangeable, but that's about it.

You might want to check out Survivor's SKS boards. You can find it at www.sksboards.com. Lot's of knowledgeable guys there and if you post a wtb thread you might get some hits. ("might" being the operetive word, as a lot of these guys hold on to spare parts jealously)

Two totally different animals. The only thing interchangeable between the two is magazines if you have a sks-m/d

AMMO! Ammo is interchangeable between the two.

Yeh, I looked at E-bay, and there was 3 for the chinese guns and 1 for a russian gun. Now I just need to get back up there and see what this gun actually is. Right now, all I know is SKS.

SKS trigger-assemblies are interchangeable between the Chinese & Russian & Yugo & etc. I've run the same trigger-assembly in two different chinese and a Russian. The Russian trigger-assemblies are all milled rather than stamped which makes "slicking em' up" easier. Some Chinese are the milled-type....some are the stamped-type. I'd advise some serious research into SKSs before any purchases or you'll end with parts not needed or won't fit your application. ...cool.png

The only real difference among SKS trigger assemblies is that some Chinese trigger assemblies are stamped, while others are milled. They are more or less interchangeable between all nationalities, but will likely require some fitting to the individual rifle.