I'd like to take this class to rub shoulders with Jim and Bill, but the class is around $3000 in Las Vegas. Has anyone here ever taken the class? What is the potential of landing a job in the industry? Whats your thoughts?

After meeting like minded people such as builders, you'd think it would be possible to get into the business.. It seems company's cant build fast enough, it's crazy.

I'm tired of working jobs I can't enjoy to the fullest. The Old Lady and I would be willing to relocate if my dream of being a builder was obtainable.

Any pro-builders out there have any advice?

I would take the class immediately if job placement was offered. Spending over $4000 round trip I can't afford just for the experience. I went as far as ordering Jim Fullers AK Armorers Bench to get even more acquainted with the weapons platform. I picked up a copy of "The Grim Reaper" to keep as a reference book also. To tell you the truth, I considered selling off my arsenal of weapons and ammo to get down there and back.

Heres the info on the build class itself. There are two different classes from what I've seen, the Standard and PLUS classes.

CLASS BUILD DETAILS:

What is different about the PLUS class versus the Standard Class?

Both the standard and the Plus classes provide all the tools, equipment, and wealth of information to properly build your AK. However the PLUS class supplies K-Var polymer stocks instead of the stock AK wood furniture. It also provides US Palm grips and magazines. Each rifle is finished with a moly coating in your choice of color: black, grey, OD, or tan. We're excited to also provide a rifle kit that includes a custom serial numbered Rifle Dynamic's receiver. The PLUS class has giveaways, range shooting competitions, and new product releases.

These guns - chambered in 7.62x39 - are built from parts kits with barrels, and all US compliance parts. These parts will be Sandblasted and Parkerized by our production shop prior to the class so the guns will have a finish on them when complete.

For out of state students, the gun will need to be shipped to your FFL following the class. For any local students we can transfer the gun before you leave the class. No tools are required; we will provide everything needed to complete the class and your rifle. The only pre-requisite for this class is basic knowledge of firearms and firearm’s safety.

Payment in full is required for registration and placement in the class. For any questions, please contact us at info@rifledynamics.com.

Check out their website at http://rifledynamics.com/

Juggs, it would be awesome if Jim held a class up North here somewhere! I would be interested in partaking it for sure. Keep us posted on what you find out.