I think you'd like land surveying...if you didn't bitch so much. No-one likes a whiny chainman.

"This water is too deep"

"I can't find the rebar, I give up"

"The rod makes my hands too cold"

"Why do they have to have 2x offsets for their curb, that's stupid"

"I don't want to jump that fence"

"Are we there yet? We've been walking for like 5 miles..."

Hey I wish all I had was cameras, I work for/with family. They know your free on the weekend to work a double, they know you don't have to be home early, they know your not sick... Very much more intrusive then what your talking about.

Just got notice that my company will be installing forward facing cameras. I work in a confined area. I cannot get up and move around. I can work for up to 12 hours a day. How in the hell would you like it, if your employer put a camera on you, and basically forced you to sit in a chair for up to 12 hours at a time? - and fucking stared at every fucking move that you make? They had cameras pointing outwards for liability reasons, but this shit has changed my dream job into a fucking nightmare. Don;'t want to mention the name of the company or what I do, but it involves hauling commodities across the U.S. on a rail system. Mother Fucker, this pisses me off. Good thing that there are electronic cigarettes out now. This blows. They banned cell phones 2 years ago. Can't even have it on, or face $10,000 fine if caught. Fucking, this WORLD fucking SUCKS anymore. The whole fucking world just fucking blows. I want my 70s and 80s back.

I will gladly take your job. Any job at this point.

Not too many people have sympathy for someone whining how he used to have the easiest job in the world making big bucks, and now he doesnt.

Truckers have been dealing with cameras for years. Many others here as well. Maybe you should blame the unions that support the politicians and judges that created this litigious society?

Piss in a can on the job under the camera. wink.png

I'll be the one on your side Coronet. I drove truck for the same reason you operate a train. I quit doing it about 7 years ago for reasons less than a camera. Too many fucking rules. Too many inspections. All the shit turned what I loved into something I hated. If I would have had a camera staring me in the face, I would have quit 7 years sooner.

I don't see your venting as whining. When you started your career, you didn't have all this shit do deal with and never imagined you would or you probably would have changed directions early on. When you started you could smoke. Now I'm guessing you can't. I don't give a shit what the non smokers here think. You're out there by yourself, not bothering anyone with your smoke, but some fuckface did something wrong that fucked that up for you. I'm sure you've been able to get away with it and now you won't. Again, non smokers don't understand so I will only say that I DO understand how this bothers you.

You sir have a decision to make. I made mine and it has cost me quite a shit ton of money. But! I will say that I am much happier. The day they put a camera in my loader, I'm gone.

What boggles my mind is that while I know we all need to put food on the table, I don't for the life of me understand how so many have come to accept having shit like webcams coming on automatically while you're working as ok. If this is ok, then you must be ok with the Utah data center jerking off the pics your wife sent you of her tits. I am NOT!

So I feel your pain my freedom loving friend. When we started our careers, we were kinda like old cowboys roaming, enjoying the scenery, and best of all getting paid very well to do a job that most said how can you be away from your family that long and didn't understand. We chose our profession(s) for freedom. In a time when we were trusted and judged based on our work and integrity. We gave up time with family and friends. Missed birthdays and holidays as the freight had to be there. Gave up a lot of our lives, worked hours that most have no comprehension of, all to pay for that freedom.

You make the decision that is right for you and your family and things will find a way of working out. I know I'm around $10 shy of where I could be and that $10 per hour will not pay for my happiness. You only get one go round and I'll be damned if I'm spending 60+ hours in front of a fucking camera.

Consequences being the key point. I hate all this surveillance corporate, government, police state horse shit watching, reading, listening to every fucking move we make at work, play and everything in between. It seems some fuckers took 1984 as policy guide not a work of fiction.

I guess the only way out of it is to get completely off grid. Not a realistic option for most.

A good friend of mine decided to test the Video system where he used to work. He talked some chick into flipping her skirt up in the store room and did her from behind right in front of the camera. About a week later they called them both in and handed them their walking papers. Guess they do check them cameras.

Point is he was willing to except the consequences to find out if the cameras were just for show or real.

Big John expressed my views very eloquently, in a way that I wasn't able. yes, we have cameras all around our work place, much like there are cameras everywhere I go in my everyday activities. It's completely different to have a stationary camera record you going out and about, doing your normal everyday activities, to one that focuses on you and only you for up to 12 hours at a time in a situation where you are not allowed to come and go as you please, in your normal workday activities. I'm stuck in my chair, and there is not a thing I can do about it. I don't use my cell phone, as I stated we can't even have it on. Period. Yes, they can check to see if it is even on. Potential $10,000 federal fine if it is on. Company is not liable for that fine. When I go to work, I don't "fuck off". I strive to do my duties to the best of my abilities. No bullshit. I really do. I appreciate my job. I love what I do. I am not "whining". This job was the last "free" or "feeling of freedom" job left in the Country. I don't see how some correlate that into a chance to "fuck off"? Maybe that says a lot about your character. This just seems oppressive, overreaching, and intrusive. I'm on call 24/7. Sometimes, at 3 in the morning on a long run, a smoke is the only way to stay awake. I've been on this gig for over 20 years. I have no fears of being caught "fucking off". I don't engage in that type of activity. Big John hit the nail on the head. I've lost a lot of b-days, nephew football games, time with family, Holidays, also. It goes with the territory. As far as not getting breaks, well, we don't even get sick days. Unless it's long term, you use your vacation or personal days (we don't get holidays or weekends either). The policy is simple and effective. You don't work - you don't get paid. I'm not whining about all that. I'm whining about the fucking cameras, like after 20 fucking years, all of a sudden I am not to be trusted to do the right thing. It's fucking demeaning and demoralizing. Yeah, the butthurt is strong, lol.

Just got notice that my company will be installing forward facing cameras. I work in a confined area. I cannot get up and move around. I can work for up to 12 hours a day. How in the hell would you like it, if your employer put a camera on you, and basically forced you to sit in a chair for up to 12 hours at a time? - and fucking stared at every fucking move that you make? They had cameras pointing outwards for liability reasons, but this shit has changed my dream job into a fucking nightmare. Don;'t want to mention the name of the company or what I do, but it involves hauling commodities across the U.S. on a rail system. Mother Fucker, this pisses me off. Good thing that there are electronic cigarettes out now. This blows. They banned cell phones 2 years ago. Can't even have it on, or face $10,000 fine if caught. Fucking, this WORLD fucking SUCKS anymore. The whole fucking world just fucking blows. I want my 70s and 80s back.

I will gladly take your job. Any job at this point.

Not too many people have sympathy for someone whining how he used to have the easiest job in the world making big bucks, and now he doesnt.

Truckers have been dealing with cameras for years. Many others here as well. Maybe you should blame the unions that support the politicians and judges that created this litigious society?

Piss in a can on the job under the camera. wink.png

It's not always the "easiest job in the world". it is difficult when people decide to commit suicide, and the best way they can conjur up is to jump in front of a train. it happens more often than you think. There is nothing that you can do, except to watch in horror. Yeah, that will be fun when the camera captures that moment, and YES, it has happened to me. Can't wait to see my reaction on a YouTube vid. There are other contributing factors that discern it from the "easiest job in the world". The easiest job in the world belongs to a guy around here, that dug up a worthless piece of property he bought that everybody laughed at him buying it for,, and sold the gravel to the State for their Interstae I-80 resurfacing project. he is now a millionaire. From gravel. Those same people aren't laughing at him anymore.

so cover up the camera and see what happens.

Tampering with a safety device. it's been in the rules for awhile. Automatic dismissal.

Fuck... I just lost MY job of 20 years.... I will trade you in a heartbeat.... cameras or not... you probably make good money doing it too!!! 032.gif

Like was said above... chances are the footage will never be "monitored" except in the case of an ISSUE...

000.gif

It would totally suck to be in your shoes, Indy. I feel for you in today's job climate. I really, sincerely hope that you find something soon, that you enjoy doing. And that pays the bills.

Perhaps you should talk to your communist Union representative and see if they give a fuck about you or if they are more concerned about your dues and union administration salary.

he doesn't need to go to get the answer. I can tell you it's going to be the latter not the former

Edited by Matthew Hopkins