Might as well post this here, it's been on our Facebook page for a little while.

Here's a couple shots of our new TAC-12 receiver set. This configuration allows for a free-float handguard that bolts directly to the upper. No more wobbly handguards if a retention nut comes loose, no more indexing pins or alignment plates.

Availability and pricing coming soon.

1098374_632123026811622_1258279636_n.jpg

1000308_632123453478246_1058312171_n.jpg

• Like 5

we do have an American gun, the upper receiver is the firearm as per ATF

Just using our upper you have made your gun 922r compliant, and it is now considered USA made.

As it stands, we are getting quotes on barrels from overseas, all the other parts in the gun we build here

That barrel has to conform to our design and our quality control specs.

With the advent of our patented billet lower, our patented billet upper with integrated handguard and charging system, the practice of cutting up lowers is obsolete.

I can take ANY poly based lower, and break it in half over my knee, that may be fine for shooting for fun or even competition.

Its not fine in the real world where at some point the gun may be subject to much harsher usage.

Having to remove a handguard to disassemble the gun is no longer required.

The barrel nut can now be replaced with our fully adjustable gas system.

It is adjustable but its real duty is to retain the barrel, not to retain a handguard with all kinds of stuff bolted to it.

The original MKA op system may also be retained and used with both short or long handguards.

We will offer both lower and upper receiver sets with handguards soon.

The TAC-12 A1 will only be a complete firearm

Jim

Do they get rid of the rear takedown screw and have them mate together like a conventional AR-15 upper/lower set?

I believe that will be the TAC-12 A1 model. On their Facebook page they mention it is a few months out for the A1.

So will the existing Firebird parts I have (handguard & Tac 12 lower, fire control group) fit onto the NEW upper ?

Yes all Firebird parts in your existing gun will work

Jim

Do they get rid of the rear takedown screw and have them mate together like a conventional AR-15 upper/lower set?

I believe that will be the TAC-12 A1 model. On their Facebook page they mention it is a few months out for the A1.

The A1 gets rid of the crazy interface between upper and lower, and all your firebird stuff will work in the A1 as well

Where did you find that info, I couldnt see that anywhere?

Where did you find that info, I couldnt see that anywhere?

Click on one of the TAC-12 pics and it is an August 13th comment on pic#3

• 3 weeks later...

We haven't changed our handguard design, just the way it's attached to the receiver. So yes, our "old" handguards are 100% compatible.

This is good news. So if I buy a hanguard now, and use it with the stock upper - will the upper I get from FB, once available, come with everything I need to mate the two properly?

Are we going to be able to order one before the end of the year? California has a possible new assault weapons ban looming within the next couple weeks that could ban the sale here. Definitely want to get one before this potentially goes into effect.

Are we going to be able to order one before the end of the year? California has a possible new assault weapons ban looming within the next couple weeks that could ban the sale here. Definitely want to get one before this potentially goes into effect.

No need to panic just yet... Brown has another two weeks to make up his mind.