Custom Saiga IZ132

That's mighty purty. Takes a guy exceptionally confident with his masculinity, to proudly show off a rifle that has vines and leaves engraved upon it. wink.png

I don't know about that, a hell'uva lot of the engraved guns I've seen are sporting stylized leaves, vines, flowers and such in their scrollwork.

Especially used as borders for hunting scenes and other artistic works.

Yep, it's a purty'un al'rite... Not my style, but pretty and I'll not be a knock'in it.

• Like 1

That's mighty purty. Takes a guy exceptionally confident with his masculinity, to proudly show off a rifle that has vines and leaves engraved upon it. wink.png

I don't know about that, a hell'uva lot of the engraved guns I've seen are sporting stylized leaves, vines, flowers and such in their scrollwork.

Yep, it's a purty'un al'rite... Not my style, but pretty and I'll not be a knock'in it.

Yea, but have you ever seen such on an Avtomat Kalashnikova?

It is a very attractive and unique rifle.

• Like 1

Funny thing is, I used to see lots of press bills from Izh selling fancy trim levels of hunter versions of AK and the saiga line that had all that stuff.

Funny thing is, I used to see lots of press bills from Izh selling fancy trim levels of hunter versions of AK and the saiga line that had all that stuff.

Well. . . IMHO such carving/engraving on Izhmash's"Hunter" series of rifles would look most appropriate, be highly attractive and increase the rifle's value. On an AK. . . not so much.

My father's Ithaca 12G and Winchester 94 both have ornament engravings in them. I woulda never thought to do designs on the stock of an AK battle style rifle, but I must admit, it does look pretty classy. I like it.

Edited by Sirex
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

That's mighty purty.  Takes a guy exceptionally confident with his masculinity, to proudly show off a rifle that has vines and leaves engraved upon it.  wink.png

Yep, it's a purty'un al'rite...  Not my style, but pretty and I'll not be a knock'in it.

Well. . . IMHO such carving/engraving on Izhmash's"Hunter" series of rifles would look most appropriate, be highly attractive and increase the rifle's value.  On an AK. . . not so much.

MP5s are "supposed" to be plastic, but I've seen pictures of a pretty nice looking one in fancy curly grain wood. I'm sure that's heresy to someone.

That's mighty purty.  Takes a guy exceptionally confident with his masculinity, to proudly show off a rifle that has vines and leaves engraved upon it.  wink.png

Yep, it's a purty'un al'rite...  Not my style, but pretty and I'll not be a knock'in it.

Well. . . IMHO such carving/engraving on Izhmash's"Hunter" series of rifles would look most appropriate, be highly attractive and increase the rifle's value.  On an AK. . . not so much.

MP5s are "supposed" to be plastic, but I've seen pictures of a pretty nice looking one in fancy curly grain wood. I'm sure that's heresy to someone.

Calling me a hypocrite are ya?

That's a bit harsher than I would put it. Maybe "inconsistent." This is after all a discussion of taste, and being inconsistent on a matter of taste is not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is inconsistency on a matter of morals, or claimed actions. I was going for a friendly jab. An MP5 is a a stamped metal and plastic workhorse, so the comparison seems reasonable to me.

For what it's worth, I think each of the guns you have posted looks very good. I'd kinda like to see the guy who did your wife's Mp5 furniture do AKM furniture, just to see what he comes up with. While an AK is sort of antithetical to luxury and class, who says it has to be? Maybe an S12 with scrollwork and a Purdey esque damascus barrel and silver inlays?

Thanks for bumping this thread up GunFun....I missed it, now I am glad I have seen it!

Broox, That looks very nice! Almost classy....lol. No it really is!

I have no wood on my ak(not tacticooled either), but I think if I can get my hands on another saiga soon, I may go the wood route.....perhaps even some embellishing.

• Like 1