Atlantic has UZK-BR99

Here's the basic rundown on the BR-99.

The bolt and the carrier are more or less interchangeable with non-XN MKA parts. The gas system itself, in respect to the gas bypass, is different and improved over the MKA. The upper and lower receivers are not interchangeable with MKA parts, but are of similar design. The factory handguard is one piece, and has a pic rail front to rear. It interfaces directly to the front of the upper receiver without the use of a steel cup like the MKA, and is retained at the front with an almost identical retaining nut. The lower receiver has a number of internal differences from the MKA. Most significantly, the feed ramp is a separate piece that can articulate out of the way for removal of the bolt and bolt carrier without splitting the upper from the lower. The lower itself does not lend itself to cutting for adapters, although it weighs .4 lbs more than an MKA lower, it has much less structure at the base of the buttstock. The buttstock itself is on bore center, and stays square to boreline, unlike the MKA which has a downward slope. The buttpad snaps into the buttstock and is retained by a single screw at the bottom, making disassembly easier. The buttstock also features a built-in cheek piece, and the pistol grip features have been moved rearward approximately .6 inches. The bottom of the pistol grip is plugged, instead of an open hollow like the MKA. The raised surfaces on the side of the receiver in front of and behind the roll pin in the bolt lock are an improvement, making it much less likely for the factory retaining pin to walk out. The width of the BR-99 receiver is increased slightly over the MKA. All the internal cavities, including the magazine well, are crisp, clean, smooth surfaces, unlike the MKA lower. The sight assemblies are still made of plastic, but are much more rigid than the MKA sights. The front sight attaches to the pic rail of the handguard. The rear sight features vastly improved elevation and windage adjustments, and has four different apetures. The samples we have evaulated had good quality control and tight tolerances, but as with all imported guns from this section of the world, quality control at any time could become an issue. The factory magazines are interchangeable with MKA magazines. However, in the samples we received, the metallurgy seems to be substantially improved over the MKA magazines. All in all, as an out of the box gun, the samples we have performed well, shot a fairly wide variety of ammunition, but are still finicky when it comes to low quality shot shells, and low power, low velocity ammunition can still cause similar issues found in the MKA. Both guns have some pros and cons, but both are viable firearms in factory or modified configurations.

• Like 1

I've got one coming, won't see it for approx, a week, once I get it I'll give everyone feedback, then I'll head out to the range w/my pre-existing 10 round clips from my MKA 1919 and run low brass and high power tests.

*smack* *points finger* Mag, mags, magazine or magazines, not clips...

Clip refers to a stripper clip. lol

Also, Anubis, you said it doesn't lend it's self to cutting for stock adapters. So how do we do it anyway. lol :D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

haha at least he didnt spell anytihng wrong while he was talking about "clips" off setting penalties!

huh.png What did I spell wrong?

Well anyway I was being light hearted about it. Even trained military still use the term improperly, so you might as well joke about it right?

But seriously, how do we put a collapsible stock on this baby anyway?

naw man im saying you didnt spell anything wrong, while saying clips... if you had spelt something wrong and said clips it woulda been more grievous a mistake...

so good on you.

stupid media talking about colorado recall elections today say "amunition clips" like that somehow makes clips more correct... face palm

We have a buttstock adapter now, but the stock MUST be cut to OUR specs.

Failure to comply will result in a broken non replacable reciever

It looks and works very well, we will put it into production soon.

Jim

Awesome. List the specs when it comes sales time (In the package I mean.). A blueprint would be great, seeing as how I am a machinist student. Tolerances noted would be VERY welcomed.

naw man im saying you didnt spell anything wrong, while saying clips... if you had spelt something wrong and said clips it woulda been more grievous a mistake...

so good on you.

stupid media talking about colorado recall elections today say "amunition clips" like that somehow makes clips more correct... face palm

Oh, ok. I ask because I do try to make an attempt to spell things properly so yeah I'd have wanted to know for future reference. My grammar sucks but at least I can try to spell stuff right ya know?

"Ammunition clips"... morons... But that's what I expect from today's media, stupidity.