President's EO to ban NFA Trusts?

He can't get things passed by our elected representatives, so yet another Executive Order. This one bans importation of "military styled weapons" we gave, sold or otherwise transferred to a foreign body, and now want to import back into the Country. Like M1 Carbines for example.

The EO is also supposed to crack down on "those who would be ineligible to pass a background check from skirting the law by registering a gun to a corporation or trust. The new rule would require people associated with those entities, like beneficiaries and trustees, to undergo the same type of fingerprint-based background checks as individuals if they want to register guns."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you still have to have a clean record to have an NFA Trust?

Edited by Corbin

So how many felons actually pay the tax stamp and register any weapon they have?

Don't you still have to fill out 4473 when taking possession?

Yes they do.

And seeing as no legally transferred NFA items have ever been recorded used in committing a felony, this action is more about making antigun retards feel like he's some how made them safer, and telling the pro 2a community "Fuck you I'll do what I want".

• Like 1

So how many felons actually pay the tax stamp and register any weapon they have?

Yes they do.

And seeing as no legally transferred NFA items have ever been recorded used in committing a felony, this action is more about making antigun retards feel like he's some how made them safer, and telling the pro 2a community "Fuck you I'll do what I want".

Actually one has but only one and the felon was a cop.

• Like 2

Yes they do.

Actually one has but only one and the felon was a cop.

Your talking about Michael Dorner, right? My understanding was that he had suppressors at his residence but none were used in the commission of his crimes.

Okay it was Christopher Dorner. According to LAPD he was in possession of 10 suppressors, though they never presented them as evidence, only a table of weapons that were "IN THE STYLE OF" the weapons he allegedly posses. (Smells like bullshit).

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/LAPD-Manhunt-Christopher-Dorner-Big-Bear-Weapons-Found-191486901.html

There is 1 confirmed case of a legally owned machine gun used to commit murder.

It was a cop but not Dorner. Patrolman Roger Waller in Ohio in 1988 used his personally owned M11 to murder an informant.

For some reason statistics on crimes committed by officers with department owned weapons, or with weapons stolen from police or government agencies is hard to find...

As to Dorner, he did have nfa items owned by a trust, but I have seen nothing about him using them in his crimes.

• Like 1

I know of 2 cases where legal machine guns were used in self defense. One was a Mini-14 and the other was an M16. Unfortunately I can't find any reference to those cases just now.

Not that it's in any way germane to this discussion.

Edited by Darth Saigus

http://www.davehayes.org/2006/02/10/the-gary-fadden-incident

the mini 14 incident was actually a.ruger ac556. he was a firearms tester who just happened to be carrying it with him, loaded, when.some trash decided to follow him and his wife in a high speed chase, where they confronted him even as he shouldered the rifle. real smart.

http://www.davehayes.org/2006/02/10/the-gary-fadden-incident

the mini 14 incident was actually a.ruger ac556. he was a firearms tester who just happened to be carrying it with him, loaded, when.some trash decided to follow him and his wife in a high speed chase, where they confronted him even as he shouldered the rifle. real smart.

Yes I had forgotten that Ruger gave the select fire version a fancy name. But the story has stuck with me. Alot of the defensive shooting cases I've read about have stuck with me in one way or another.

The incident does serve as an example of why I would never use an nfa weapon for self defense if a "normal" weapon was at hand. Prosecutors tend to be slimy bastards that twist anything to "prove" guilt. I won't give the prosecutor something else to use against me if I can help it.

Of course, in this case, given a choice between rifle and pistol I'd grab the rifle as he did.

Yes they do.

But there is no NICS check on NFA items. They are exempt.

he's talking about after the transfer is approved, the person picking up that NFA item from the SOT fills out a 4473, it's not called in, rather it's a record that he took possession of the item.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I went ahead and put my tinfoil hat on and "panic" sent of two stamps for sbr's through the new E-form system.

Did you have any problems? I tried to do three and when I would describe my weapon as not in their verification list it would not let me save the template. When I finally got it to be added to the line item and when I went to pay I was only charged for one stamp instead of three even though it said the application was successful.

I went ahead and put my tinfoil hat on and "panic" sent of two stamps for sbr's through the new E-form system.

Did you have any problems? I tried to do three and when I would describe my weapon as not in their verification list it would not let me save the template. When I finally got it to be added to the line item and when I went to pay I was only charged for one stamp instead of three even though it said the application was successful.

You can only do form 1's without an FFL. I was able to do a form 1 just fine at my house and I did a form 4 at work the next morning just fine. I work part time at an NFA dealer.

You can only do form 1's without an FFL. I was able to do a form 1 just fine at my house and I did a form 4 at work the next morning just fine. I work part time at an NFA dealer.

I finally got it resolved. The e form site has been experiencing a lot of problems and the guy responsible for this area has been working with me all week to get it straightened out. He was amazed I was able to get more than one line item on the form because be said it is not supposed to be able to do that. Anyway these are probably the last NFA items I will be doing because the CLEO sign off and the other proposed changes to trusts will most likely be enacted. I figure 30 stamps is enough. We can all thank the elitist asshats at NFATCA for causing all this to begin with. God forbid us lowlife nobodies would be allowed to exercise our 2A rights.
  • Like 1