Seen the new offerings at Legion?

They have some interesting stuff out today. This model in particular would be turn-key albeit a bit pricey, but the non-removable muzzle attachment is a deal breaker for me unless it's just a small tack weld.

http://legionusainc.com/vepr-12-shotgun.html

website_pic_11377716723521e49f324ea3.jpg

Then they got this one, but it looks like they fubar'd the rear folder to allow the factory railed handguard to be used. A very unwise tradeoff if you ask me.

Website_pic1.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love the new offerings! Just providing a little honest customer feedback.

Also there's a pretty cool Saiga 12K in the lineup. It doesn't have the same cool factor as the magwell designs IMO, but it might actually be the best buy of the bunch...

108_5rd_left_side1377548437521bb895e9e75

• Like 2
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys, just to clear up any confusion we received these shotguns with the muzzle device pinned in and the folding buttstock has a welded ring on the release lever. Both of these things can be remov

For installing Molot AR adapter well gunsmith skills and 100% understanding what are you doing is required!!!   There are two types of AR adapter welded and machined and 100% machined. I used the fi

Trust me guys when I say this. You can not go wrong with purchasing from these guys. Great company bringing great things to the Saiga 12 and Vepr 12 community. Authentic real deal products here. No ha

Posted Images

The ring on the folder release is tac welded to the lever, probably a smarter way to 'disable' the folder.

There is a close up of this on the picture thread.

The muzzle device - ICK... I agree. However, people are reporting that it is pinned. Still not good, but better than soldered on, I suppose. The barrels are thin so you have to be careful with pin depth, drill depth for removal and heat for soldering. I'd much rather then left the barrel alone and put a US muzzle device non-perm for 922 if need be.

Given the value of the railed gas block and labor (if you have to have one) and 922 parts, this is a nice value.

Notice they also have the lettering filled.

Hope a premium place will bring in a crossbolt for me some day. :)

Hey guys, just to clear up any confusion we received these shotguns with the muzzle device pinned in and the folding buttstock has a welded ring on the release lever. Both of these things can be removed without too much difficulty. I assure you that the integrity of the barrel is not compromised when we remove the original muzzle device. We have 3 models available, one unconverted just how we got it from Molot, one converted without replacing the muzzle device, and one converted with the Molot muzzle brake which is then welded on. If anybody would like to purchase a Vepr from us and use a different muzzle brake, we can install the muzzle brake that you provide.

• Like 3

The overall length is 41inches, and the welded ring can be removed with a dremel cutting tool.

Sorry, I mean OAL of the barrel + muzzle device.... specifically the one with the Molot brake perm attached?

Very important to also understand how that brake is attached.

Hey guys, just to clear up any confusion we received these shotguns with the muzzle device pinned in and the folding buttstock has a welded ring on the release lever. Both of these things can be removed without too much difficulty. I assure you that the integrity of the barrel is not compromised when we remove the original muzzle device. We have 3 models available, one unconverted just how we got it from Molot, one converted without replacing the muzzle device, and one converted with the Molot muzzle brake which is then welded on. If anybody would like to purchase a Vepr from us and use a different muzzle brake, we can install the muzzle brake that you provide.

Molot makes a few versions of the brake, a titanium version, an all steel version and an aluminum brake with a steel ring for the threads. Then there is the CSS ~clone of the 3rd type. Which are yours using?

• Like 1

I suppose it is not Legion brings these Veprs - it is AQUILA ARMS LLC, another V12 importer (not WPA) wink.png if to belive to the stamp on the V12 receiver.

As I can see on the Legion pics, AQUILA import standard V12 model VPO-205-00 (430 mm = 16,92" BBL) as is sell in Russia, except welded muzzle attach that increase BBL to 19" and welded ring on the release lever. Assuming that, if I'm wright this V12 GB (holes in BBL) is optimized for 430 mm, good news for guys who going convert it to SBS V12 (just to remove pinned muzzle device). For shorter BBL V12 another configuration of GB holes is needed.

This model, is easiest way to restore RUSSIAN ORIGINAL VEPR-12 VPO-205-00 model from the box:

1) remove pinned muzzle device

2) remove welded ring on the release lever

3) attach Original Molot FH (18,5 mm ID)

UPDATE

on the left side of the receiver we see pained Molot marks in Russian: ВП, ГИС, 13, П

on the right side of the receiver we see pained Molot marks in Russian: П О, Сделано в России, ВЕПРЬ-12 Молот

meanings are here

that are made for local Russian market smile.png, IMO these V12 was not made for US as WPA models, that has export Molot marks in English.

UPDATE 2

I suppose these V12 also has Russian marks on BBL under Upper Handguard/Gas Tube and Buttstock Clamp (#3 on the following diagram)

Detailed Molot Vepr-12 VPO-205-00 Diagram

Vepr-12%2520VPO-205%2520Diagram.jpg

#3 Buttstock Clamp is a plate isnide the receiver, that interact to Safety and Folding Mech. When safety selector is Up you can fold down the buttstock, when down - could't, when the buttstock is folded down you can not put down safety selector (Russian law of min length of weapon is 800 mm), and make the fire.

Buttstock Clamp is on the left side of Bolt carrier Rails

IMG_1551.JPG

Buttstock Clamp is connected to the Safety

Vepr12_VPO205-00_101010_024.jpg

Edited by PapaZorro
  • Like 3

Wow. Nice.

Having the gas holes in a place optimized for the shorter BBL is a huge plus.

Legion, can you confirm?

Really want the details on how the Molot brakes are attached. Please.

Edited by ec4321

Wow. Nice.

Having the gas holes in a place optimized for the shorter BBL is a huge plus.

Legion, can you confirm?

Really want the details on how the Molot brakes are attached. Please.

As I've wrote above, IMO, these are local models - VPO-205-00 430 (430 mm = 16,92" BBL), so they optimized for 430 mm, for models with shorter BBL 305 and 330 mm different dia conf required!!!

• Like 1

Damn. I thought I was happy with my V-12s and then you come in with something even closer to the original. That is what I have been wanting.

My Sentiments exactly. I have bought 3 VEPR 12's (2 Square Backs and one with a FSF) and now this one comes out~!eyes_droped.gif

I wish we could get in Molot Arms offerings here in the US... look at this delicious IPSC wild boar...

http://molotarms.ru/index.php?p=shop&action=showproduct&id=431&cid=18&pname=karabin-gladkostvolnyi-039-vepr-12-molot-039-vpo-206-430-dlya-ipsc

YOU AND ME BOTH.

y9If82j.png

Cross bolt safety goodness.

This one does not appear to be a folder though, btw. My ideal would be folder, M4 buffer adapter, metail rail and metal mag well, railed GSB, and ported for shorter barrels.

I know it's probably not going to happen in that exact combination. But I will promise any importer that brings one, I will buy at least ONE. if that isn't motivation, gee I don't know what is.

• Like 1
My ideal would be folder, M4 buffer adapter, metail rail and metal mag well, railed GSB, and ported for shorter barrels.

I know it's probably not going to happen in that exact combination. But I will promise any importer that brings one, I will buy at least ONE. if that isn't motivation, gee I don't know what is.

You just described my dream shotgun, especially with the Molot folding AR adapter. The adapter is very pricey and I heard lots of swear words well be yelled during installation. Would be great if Legion would offer a model with adapter already installed. The only thing I'm on the fence about is which brake. Legion said they could place a different brake on it per customers request. Considering folding stock, and welded on brake for shorter barrel, seems off to me to use a GK-01. While its performance is undeniable, I think I would prefer a firestorm or even a Russian flash-hider to keep up the compactness of the weapon.

• Like 1

My ideal would be folder, M4 buffer adapter, metail rail and metal mag well, railed GSB, and ported for shorter barrels.

You just described my dream shotgun, especially with the Molot folding AR adapter. The adapter is very pricey and I heard lots of swear words well be yelled during installation. Would be great if Legion would offer a model with adapter already installed. The only thing I'm on the fence about is which brake. Legion said they could place a different brake on it per customers request. Considering folding stock, and welded on brake for shorter barrel, seems off to me to use a GK-01. While its performance is undeniable, I think I would prefer a firestorm or even a Russian flash-hider to keep up the compactness of the weapon.

I forgot to list the crossbolt safety in my list but it's on the one in the picture. I do want that as well.

I agree about the brake - If I get a legion model from their current line up, I will not get the one with the molot brake, instead something I can de-pin and put my own brake on. Although, I am not sure which one. I have the firestorm perm on my current vepr and it's a great design, would use it again, but they need to open up the ID so it stops shaving wads and they have acknowledged this but I think current stock is all the same ID. Until that changes I can't buy another.

Here is what I am thinking on the M4 folder. I may ask my custom guy about how possible it would be to cut a buffer tube at the threads and weld it to the folding plate after cutting of the stock folder. If it is possible to do so properly, I think I would like the results even better as the buffer tube would protrude even less.

I am not certain about doing another vepr right now though. I have too many projects going as it is, and I may just wait for more options to come on shore.

I wish we could get in Molot Arms offerings here in the US... look at this delicious IPSC wild boar...

http://molotarms.ru/index.php?p=shop&action=showproduct&id=431&cid=18&pname=karabin-gladkostvolnyi-039-vepr-12-molot-039-vpo-206-430-dlya-ipsc

YOU AND ME BOTH.

y9If82j.png

Cross bolt safety goodness.

This one does not appear to be a folder though, btw. My ideal would be folder, M4 buffer adapter, metail rail and metal mag well, railed GSB, and ported for shorter barrels.

Now this one would be the ultimate VEPR 12. With a Folder would make it perfect.

Legion -

Besides the question on the total barrel length including the perm attached Molot brake -

Is the rail on dust cover plastic or metal?

Barrel length with the Molot GK-01 is 21.3 inches, and 19 inches with the standard Molot barrel shroud. The rail on the dust cover is plastic.

• Like 1

Molot makes a few versions of the brake, a titanium version, an all steel version and an aluminum brake with a steel ring for the threads. Then there is the CSS ~clone of the 3rd type. Which are yours using?

We have the steel Molot muzzle brakes.

• Like 2

What kind Molot MB do you mean? Can you post some pics, please.

It's the Gk-01 muzzle brake

330bq5s.jpg

Maybe I'm mistaking, but Original GK-01 is made from Al, not Steel (steel insert in al body only).

I've seen a couple Custom made by Molot Ti GK-01 (I know their owner :) ), but have never seen or heard about steel version.

• Like 1

330bq5s.jpg

Maybe I'm mistaking, but Original GK-01 is made from Al, not Steel (steel insert in al body only).

I've seen a couple Custom made by Molot Ti GK-01 (I know their owner smile.png ), but have never seen or heard about steel version.

Papa,

I have 2 GK-01's on hand from Legion. The first is a brushed aluminum body with a steel polished threaded steel insert & nut. The most recent one from Legion is aluminum as well but it simply looks parked, and has hardening marks all over it every few MM. Both weigh 212 grams or 220 grams with the alignment nut included.

004_zps2df9aa0c.jpg

001_zpsfe080622.jpg

003_zpsde88e2c4.jpg

Edited by fourtfourmag
  • Like 1

330bq5s.jpg

I've seen a couple Custom made by Molot Ti GK-01 (I know their owner smile.png ), but have never seen or heard about steel version.

Sorry, you are correct they are aluminum with a threaded steel insert. I can only imagine how heavy they would be if they were all steel.