Seen the new offerings at Legion?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys, just to clear up any confusion we received these shotguns with the muzzle device pinned in and the folding buttstock has a welded ring on the release lever. Both of these things can be remov

For installing Molot AR adapter well gunsmith skills and 100% understanding what are you doing is required!!!   There are two types of AR adapter welded and machined and 100% machined. I used the fi

Trust me guys when I say this. You can not go wrong with purchasing from these guys. Great company bringing great things to the Saiga 12 and Vepr 12 community. Authentic real deal products here. No ha

Posted Images

Trust me guys when I say this. You can not go wrong with purchasing from these guys. Great company bringing great things to the Saiga 12 and Vepr 12 community. Authentic real deal products here. No hack jobs going on here.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by AZ-DAVE-IZ109
  • Like 3
As I've wrote above, IMO, these are local models - VPO-205-00 430 (430 mm = 16,92" BBL), so they optimized for 430 mm, for models with shorter BBL 305 and 330 mm different dia conf required!!!

Okay, got me a VPO-205-00 430 on the way. Just one minor detail of a tax stamp later and I will be as cool as PapaZorro!

Well...maybe not AS cool, but I'll have the same shotgun.

Edited by Thor's Hammer

PapaZorro, on 30 Aug 2013 said:

«As I can see on the Legion pics, AQUILA import standard V12 model VPO-205-00 (430 mm = 16,92" BBL) as is sell in Russia, except welded muzzle attach that increase BBL to 19" and welded ring on the release lever. Assuming that, if I'm wright this V12 GB (holes in BBL) is optimized for 430 mm, good news for guys who going convert it to SBS V12 (just to remove pinned muzzle device). For shorter BBL V12 another configuration of GB holes is needed.»

Papa, I picked up one of these Legion Vepr 12, and I see no difference in placement or size in the gas block holes compared to my previous Vepr 12 examples. All the markings on the barrel are identical as well in regards to length ( I realize there not though). How are the barrel holes configured on your Vepr?

Edited by fourtfourmag

FYI - these V12's are civilian models the safety must be engaged to fold, no fire while folded. I can't comment on other imported FSF models brought into the US. But this current batch legion has won't allow folded fire, plus the safety/fire markings are not in Russian as shown on there web sight.

FYI - these V12's are civilian models the safety must be engaged to fold, no fire while folded. I can't comment on other imported FSF models brought into the US. But this current batch legion has won't allow folded fire, plus the safety/fire markings are not in Russian as shown on there web sight.

Actually, they had both US or Russian style marking available at the time of my order. I was told to request my preference in the Additional Comments block. I chose Cyrillic.

If those sneaky Russians dared to put some buttstock/safety linkage thingy on my firearm, that shits gonna hit the bottom of the trash can quicker than you can slam down a shot of vodka and exclaim, "Nostrovia!"

I'm going with the factory base folder. I figured that in a year or so when my tax stamp gets approved I'll remove that placeholder muzzle device and put whatever I want on the barrel with no need for a tack weld to clean up.

super_man.gif Behold the Rabid Black Boar and tremble!!!

(okay, that last part may have been a bit much)

• Like 1

Thats bullshit.. they should have said they had limited Russian markings, and took pics of both. Showing what you could possibly get thats the main reason for my purchase. The extra safety was just double gotcha, but I'm sure it can be removed haven't tried yet.

Not as easy as cutting the part on the safety off, need to remove the whole piece to prevent it from permanently locking the stock open. I haven't had time to look at how its installed couldn't tell when I briefly looked at it if you have to remove rivets and shim where the no fire safety is installed

post-33694-0-72400000-1379177992.jpg

post-33694-0-29653400-1379178104_thumb.jpg

Thats bullshit.. they should have said they had limited Russian markings, and took pics of both. Showing what you could possibly get thats the main reason for my purchase. The extra safety was just double gotcha, but I'm sure it can be removed haven't tried yet.

Removed or disabled, whichever is easier.

I'm sorry about the marking thing. I suspect that it was simply an oversight on the webpage. There may be a downside to going with Russian markings however. The importer marking appears to be considerably more prominent on the Cyrillic model than on the S/F style I have seen in pictures.

I'd rather have Cyrillic markings kinda pissed about that. looking at it doesn't look like you can disable it without removing the whole piece, it obviously becomes part of the safety, if you just cut it off the safety nothing stops the lock from sliding back and locking the stock in the open position, and I assume if that happens it will be a bitch to disengage

«As I can see on the Legion pics, AQUILA import standard V12 model VPO-205-00 (430 mm = 16,92" BBL) as is sell in Russia, except welded muzzle attach that increase BBL to 19" and welded ring on the release lever. Assuming that, if I'm wright this V12 GB (holes in BBL) is optimized for 430 mm, good news for guys who going convert it to SBS V12 (just to remove pinned muzzle device). For shorter BBL V12 another configuration of GB holes is needed.»

Papa, I picked up one of these Legion Vepr 12, and I see no difference in placement or size in the gas block holes compared to my previous Vepr 12 examples. All the markings on the barrel are identical as well in regards to length ( I realize there not though). How are the barrel holes configured on your Vepr?

I don't work for Molot, and my assumption is based on that:

US V12 models has 19" BBL (482,6 mm) is very close to VPO-205-01 (ВПО-205-01) with 520 mm (20,47") BBL with Perm Attach FH , so actual BBL without FH is very close to US model). Have you gauged holes ID on both V12?

For more info: In Russia ВПО-205-00 with 430 mm BBL has differ GB holes ID from ВПО-205-01 with 520 mm BBL, it was at least several years ago. The same BBL 430 mm 12/76 on VPO-205-00 has smaller IDholes than BBL 430 mm 12/70 on VPO-206 IPSC.

Not as easy as cutting the part on the safety off, need to remove the whole piece to prevent it from permanently locking the stock open. I haven't had time to look at how its installed couldn't tell when I briefly looked at it if you have to remove rivets and shim where the no fire safety is installed

I'm sorry about the marking thing. I suspect that it was simply an oversight on the webpage. There may be a downside to going with Russian markings however. The importer marking appears to be considerably more prominent on the Cyrillic model than on the S/F style I have seen in pictures.

Read this at previous page.

From the pictures I reckon that an engagement with the safety mechanism will need to be dremmeled off, and then the block must be tack welded or otherwise restrained in the forward position.

Okay, maybe not as quick as a shot of vodka, but definitely faster than I can power through a whole bottle.

So frustrating as we learn the details that are not effectively communicated to the consumers.

The folder I have from Royal Tiger does fold on Fire and will fire when folded.

There is difference between US export and Russian local V12 models, as well as between V12 importers customer support.

ETA Royal Tiger placed pic of V12 that does not exist.

Edited by PapaZorro

Thor -

What are you going to do, if anything, with the stock?

I am considering one of these models as well and building it up.

I'll probably make it as close to pre-ban as legally possible keeping with the OEM stock.

However, I did pick up a Molot metal AR-type stock adapter just in case I change my mind.

I don't work for Molot, and my assumption is based on that:

US V12 models has 19" BBL (482,6 mm) is very close to VPO-205-01 (ВПО-205-01) with 520 mm (20,47") BBL with Perm Attach FH , so actual BBL without FH is very close to US model). Have you gauged holes ID on both V12?

For more info: In Russia ВПО-205-00 with 430 mm BBL has differ GB holes ID from ВПО-205-01 with 520 mm BBL, it was at least several years ago. The same BBL 430 mm 12/76 on VPO-205-00 has smaller IDholes than BBL 430 mm 12/70 on VPO-206 IPSC.

Read this at previous page.

Thanks PZ, I used an old set of feeler gauges which I had to bend a bit to fit. I realize that with the GB in place there is only so much I can check, but for all intensive purposes the holes appear to be the same on this model and my previous Vepr 12. Perhaps, my method could be off by a few thousandths. I also saw the added safety feature on this model referenced above which doesn't appear to be a problem in removing. Both my I.O. imports lack this extra tab.

Finally, for those who are on the fence on ordering one of these from Legion, I would talk to Alex prior to ordering if you want Cyrillic writing. I wanted this feature and Alex came through...

Edited by fourtfourmag

Thor -

I'll probably make it as close to pre-ban as legally possible keeping with the OEM stock.

However, I did pick up a Molot metal AR-type stock adapter just in case I change my mind.

Where did you find a Molot AR adapter, if you don't mind me asking?

Thor -

Edited by fourtfourmag

Thor -

russiansurplus.net briefly had some in stock...

For installing Molot AR adapter well gunsmith skills and 100% understanding what are you doing is required!!!

There are two types of AR adapter welded and machined and 100% machined. I used the first one, because that time there was only available.

Two types of Molot AR adapter (100% machined is not installed on my V12 :), it is my friends adapter)

MOLOT+ARMS+AR+adapter+03.jpg

MOLOT+ARMS+AR+adapter+02.jpg

MOLOT+ARMS+AR+adapter+01.jpg

MOLOT+ARMS+AR+adapter+10.jpg

When I tried to install AR adapter the first time, I spoiled one adapter with the Dremel :( , well gunsmith skills and 100% understanding what are you doing is required!!! In my case adapter was opened during fire.

I bought another one, as well asked a friend to machine a new pin instead of removed one that was irregular after removing, and used my wife's eye pencil to mark the places on the adapter where to remove the metal from it, made removal metal from adapter little by little, againe and againe, all the process took me all the week end. All AR adapters are adopt manually by gunsmith at Molot. I'm not sure about the machined adapter model. Even every SVDS folder adopt by the gunsmith at Molot for proper fit to V12. You also must try to copy SVDS adapter shape during cutting off metal from your AR adapter. Some cutting of metal on locking tongue may be also be required.

I'm not qualified gunsmith but I wanted made customization myself, because it is my hobby, it give me much experience, but cost two AR adapters instead of one. Some guys from forum.guns.ru made it from the first time, they are lucky and have better hands than mine ;) .

Some more pisc by iPhone of Molot welded and machined AR adapter

AR_8.JPG

AR_7.JPG

AR_6.JPG

AR_5.JPG

AR_4.JPG

AR_3.JPG

AR_2.JPG

AR_1.JPG

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1388.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1390.JPG

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.JPG

• Like 3

For installing Molot AR adapter well gunsmith skills and 100% understanding what are you doing is required!!!

There are two types of AR adapter welded and machined and 100% machined. I used the first one, because that time there was only available.

Two types of Molot AR adapter (100% machined is not installed on my V12 smile.png, it is my friends adapter)

MOLOT+ARMS+AR+adapter+03.jpg

MOLOT+ARMS+AR+adapter+02.jpg

MOLOT+ARMS+AR+adapter+01.jpg

MOLOT+ARMS+AR+adapter+10.jpg

When I tried to install AR adapter the first time, I spoiled one adapter with the Dremel sad.png , well gunsmith skills and 100% understanding what are you doing is required!!! In my case adapter was opened during fire.

I bought another one, as well asked a friend to machine a new pin instead of removed one that was irregular after removing, and used my wife's eye pencil to mark the places on the adapter where to remove the metal from it, made removal metal from adapter little by little, againe and againe, all the process took me all the week end. All AR adapters are adopt manually by gunsmith at Molot. I'm not sure about the machined adapter model. Even every SVDS folder adopt by the gunsmith at Molot for proper fit to V12. You also must try to copy SVDS adapter shape during cutting off metal from your AR adapter. Some cutting of metal on locking tongue may be also be required.

I'm not qualified gunsmith but I wanted made customization myself, because it is my hobby, it give me much experience, but cost two AR adapters instead of one. Some guys from forum.guns.ru made it from the first time, they are lucky and have better hands than mine wink.png .

Some more pisc by iPhone of Molot welded and machined AR adapter

AR_8.JPG

AR_7.JPG

AR_6.JPG

AR_5.JPG

AR_4.JPG

AR_3.JPG

AR_2.JPG

AR_1.JPG

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1388.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1390.JPG

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.JPG

Comrade, where is your #3 Buttstock Clamp? I not see #3 Buttstock Clamp.

Heres an issue I ran into with one of the V12's Legion is offering. The lower handguard retainer does not lock into the gas tube correctly, there is an excessive gap which causes the handgaurd to wobble pretty bad, if it were any worst it would fall apart in my hand. Honestly I wouldn't chance shooting it the way it is now in fear of handgaurd coming off when it recoils..

Plus the rail on the dust cover looks like its slightly canted to the right, Which I know was an issue with the first batch.

post-33694-0-30511400-1379524805_thumb.jpg

post-33694-0-67827900-1379524821_thumb.jpg

Heres an issue I ran into with one of the V12's Legion is offering. The lower handguard retainer does not lock into the gas tube correctly, there is an excessive gap which causes the handgaurd to wobble pretty bad, if it were any worst it would fall apart in my hand. Honestly I wouldn't chance shooting it the way it is now in fear of handgaurd coming off when it recoils..

Plus the rail on the dust cover looks like its slightly canted to the right, Which I know was an issue with the first batch.

It's a crapshoot really, though I am sure these all fall into spec Russian wise. I currently have 4 examples in front of me, both I.O. imports have straight rails,sights etc. I am able to move the lower hg on one of them though it does not sound a severe as yours.

Out of the two Legion guns I have, sights are straight and both hg`s are good to go, though one of the top rails are off slightly to the left by a MM or two. My first two early fixed stock Vepr 12`s both had nasty canted top covers which were both fixed under warranty...

Edited by fourtfourmag
  • 2 weeks later...

papa zorro, thanks! i freakin love pics! i just hate pages of blathering on when pics would help...

as far as letters, me personally i prefer russian, cause i prob dont give two fucks what its says (warning: dont shoot yourself in the face on accident while very drunk)... i also eat lunch with a bunch of vietnamese, and love it, as i can tune them out if i want cause i dont know what they saying...

After noticing that some of the handguards (like yours) are loose, we now add a very small weld to the uppper handguard then profile it so it holds the lower handguard in place tightly. If you have not fixed this yourself yet, we can fix it for you under warranty.

• 5 weeks later...

Actually, they had both US or Russian style marking available at the time of my order. I was told to request my preference in the Additional Comments block. I chose Cyrillic.

If those sneaky Russians dared to put some buttstock/safety linkage thingy on my firearm, that shits gonna hit the bottom of the trash can quicker than you can slam down a shot of vodka and exclaim, "Nostrovia!"

I'm going with the factory base folder. I figured that in a year or so when my tax stamp gets approved I'll remove that placeholder muzzle device and put whatever I want on the barrel with no need for a tack weld to clean up.

super_man.gif  Behold the Rabid Black Boar and tremble!!!

(okay, that last part may have been a bit much)

Good looking out. I just had to call them to make sure I got the right markings. That would have sucked. As others have stated, that was the hole reason for the purchase. 

Have you guys figured out how to "fix" the safety/ stock folding mechanism so that it will fold without having to be placed on safe yet? If so, what does it entail?

I have been considering selling one of my Royal Tiger FSF's for one of these. I really would like to have one with the proper barrel length and the railed gas block (and cyrillic markings if possible) but I don't want to trade one issue (no railed GB) for another (odd, unnecessary safety add-on).