Sidefolding Stock Picture Request

I'm in the process of "fine tuning" some of the details on several side folder projects. I need to see the cut made on the bottom edge of the receiver beneath the 5.5mm pin. Hopefully I can post another "how to make an accurate AK-100 series Rifle" guide in th near future.

Some pictures I've seen have a circular cut made, while others have a taper that leads into a straight cut. It may also help to list what rifle the pictures are taken from (SGL, kit build, NDS receiver, ect.)

Thanks everyone!

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I figured its not a picture a lot if people have ready to upload, but help us appreciated. There some prints floating around of some 4.5mm trunnions, but I wanted to see what Arsenal/Izhmash/Other are using to make this cut so I can complete my builds.

Maybe someone will post some...

few pics in this thread. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/77259-got-my-s12-back-check-it-out/

This one is an IZ109 done by Jim Fuller himself

photo12_zpse73cd51d.jpg

This one an S12 040-02 done by Troy Sellars of InRange

photo13_zps8982550e.jpg

This one is a Egyptian Khyber Pass built by myself on a 74uLLC receiver

NodakMaadi_zpsa5f7606b.jpg

this one is a factory SLR-106ur

post-24335-0-35365700-1377968715_thumb.jpg

this one is a Factory SGL-21-94

F8C4A880_zps0b3cb05e.jpg

this one is a AK105 built by myself on a Nodak Spud NDS-2SF

post-24335-0-98677500-1377968766_thumb.jpg

This one is an M92 built by Gary Robertson of Overland Industries on a Nodak Spud NDS-1KP

post-24335-0-57777800-1377968765_thumb.jpg

Edited by AZG

Azg do you know of any actual factory 74m or v saiga 12k pics such as these?

Negative. searched some and found this if it helps.

doc556_zps68fdab82.jpg

and this from the legion usa inc website

post-24335-0-42366000-1377994816.jpg

wheres papa zorro and sergi when you need them. maybe one of those guru's can chime in with some mother russia pics. I know they've got'em.

True or that karzan fella...those are aks74 designs? Or the difference between that and modern? The pin difference and angle of receiver are different with the new guns.

I totally forgot about the angle of the receiver. Not sure. stole them from the AKF. think its just conversion data. could be wrong. I searched the AKF. there is a thread where they go into detail, mainly TANTAL, the vedor, about the degree difference. I dont think its more than 4 degrees.

doc556_zps68fdab82.jpgand this from the legion usa inc website

attachicon.gif108_5rd_left_side_folder_detail.jpg

wheres papa zorro and sergi when you need them. maybe one of those guru's can chime in with some mother russia pics. I know they've got'em.

I believe those blue prints are for the 4.5mm pin due to the angle of the rear trunnion. I have a electronic PDF of the same plans, but the measurements are for the 4.5mm, not the modern 5.5mm trunnion currently used by the Russians since about 1990.

The strange thing is that I've heard the front latch measurements were never modified, so these plans still can be used for the latch.

AZG, a big "thank you" goes out to you sir! Thank you for posting these pics. It's a great comprehensive collection of several different designs! Very interesting how much variance there is between several different firearms!

Beefcake, thanks for the bump! I figured this might be a decent topic since there isn't a lot of info out there about it, and apparently, there's a bunch of different designs out there!

Edited by fretout

Np I'm just as interested and would take a whack at it myself but I'm such a noob on machining. And want my shit to look factory. That's why I asked for factory pics. If I had a receiver stub to practice on it would be a fun project.

doc556_zps68fdab82.jpgand this from the legion usa inc website

attachicon.gif108_5rd_left_side_folder_detail.jpg

I believe those blue prints are for the 4.5mm pin due to the angle of the rear trunnion. I have a electronic PDF of the same plans, but the measurements are for the 4.5mm, not the modern 5.5mm trunnion currently used by the Russians since about 1990.

The strange thing is that I've heard the front latch measurements were never modified, so these plans still can be used for the latch.

Beefcake, thanks for the bump! I figured this might be a decent topic since there isn't a lot of info out there about it, and apparently, there's a bunch of different designs out there!

i agree on the old vs new diagram. Like I posted

Here's my progress thanks to you responders!

Here's the shape I decided to go with (rough cut)...

null_zpsec806320.jpg

Anything worth doing once is worth doing twice, right?

null_zps449ff2bf.jpg

Look how tight that hinge is!!!

null_zpsac5a405d.jpg

Here's Pookie's plans in a ridiculous resolution (if this works)...

null_zps5c241739.jpg

Edited by fretout
  • Like 1