Based on the input from the survey a few weeks a go here's what we have so far. Respondents indicated they carry mostly 8 and 10 round mags and typically have one in the gun and four mags on stand-by. Also it was indicated that many people carried one or two 20 round drums. With that in mind here's what we came up with:

The chest rig carries 4 mags (either 8 or 10 rounds) in a covered pouches with rounds up or down as desired. With plenty of side panel that also has a roomy back pocket.

post-47664-0-82769800-1377913192.jpg

Loaded with 10 round mags on the left and 8 round mags on the right, the chest rig also accepts a modular 20 round drum pouch that fits on the side panel and can also be used as a general purpose pouch.

post-47664-0-34429500-1377913190.jpg

or can be used separately with shoulder strap if desired:

post-47664-0-39610600-1377913195.jpg

The drum pouch is lined and the between the front and back layers is a thin sheet of PVC that makes the pouch rigid and provides easier removal of the drum:

post-47664-0-58356500-1377913188.jpg

Shingles, a double mag molle pouch, a molle pouch to hold 25 loose rounds and a shoulder bag for 12 round mags are forthcoming.

Any feedback is appreciated before we take this into full production.

Thanks for all your input

• Like 1

Nice. Its about time we see some S12 specific gear. With that said, I see room for two more 8 rd. pouches on the sides.

Thanks - The beauty of the system is that the double mag pouches (not shown) will match the design of the chestrig pouches so you'll be able to add capacity to either side if needed.

Sweet. Whats the starting price going to be?

Probably in the $80 -85 dollar range for the chest rig. Still working on pricing for the drum pouch.

do you have AK rigs as well? Something that can use 20 rounders as well as the thirty. And if so, how much?

Just visited your sight. i saw the AK rig. I wonder how it works with 20 rounders.

Pouches are too deep it was designed with the 30's and 40's in mind. I can cut one down for you to fit 20's if you want.

• Like 1

If you're making a shoulder bag, try picking up one of the Russian breadbags and start there. Better buckles would be nice! Mine fits 8 x 10 rnd mags, 2 x PT-92 15 rnd 9mm mags, a takedown rifle rod and cleaning gear, and batteries for the sights in the internal pockets. The bag is segregated and could probably hold a drum and 3 10 rnd mags, or 5 mags and a few boxes of shells. I put a military GP strap on mine.

Here's some pics of mine.

post-46782-0-97127600-1378001798_thumb.jpg

post-46782-0-65292800-1378001850_thumb.jpg

post-46782-0-39277700-1378001874_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

If you're making a shoulder bag, try picking up one of the Russian breadbags and start there. Better buckles would be nice! Mine fits 8 x 10 rnd mags, 2 x PT-92 15 rnd 9mm mags, a takedown rifle rod and cleaning gear, and batteries for the sights in the internal pockets. The bag is segregated and could probably hold a drum and 3 10 rnd mags, or 5 mags and a few boxes of shells. I put a military GP strap on mine.

Here's some pics of mine.

attachicon.gifIMG_2567.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2568.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2569.JPG

Send it to me and I'll replace the buckles with modern side release ones 034.gif

Thanks for the offer, but I can do the stitching myself. (if I ever get to it) I think you can figure out what my modded ALSE vest became! The guys in my unit thought it was a neat idea, so we sent pics to the Nattic Lab.

attachicon.gifIMG_2638.JPG

Dude, that is so Old School! Widow maker holster, mag pouches that require too much fucking with to get a fresh mag on an aviator's survival vest?

Please don't ask Strike Hard to replicate this madness! We don't want retro products that cannot perform, we want a bit higher speed.

• Like 1

We still have them here in WI. Try online!

Dude, that is so Old School! Widow maker holster, mag pouches that require too much fucking with to get a fresh mag on an aviator's survival vest?
Please don't ask Strike Hard to replicate this madness! We don't want retro products that cannot perform, we want a bit higher speed.

No replication there! But it was better than the old LC2, and worked good in the aircraft. It was nice not to have to carry both vest and TA-50 wherever you went. Best we had for 86. Nattic just improved upon the basic idea with the mollie gear!

Edited by Capt Nemo

I hear you, used the same gear back in the day however, things have changed drastically! That Bianchi holster with the old flap of death has been shitcanned for years. The 3 round mag pouches were a pain in the ass to get open when you needed a reload fast. If you tried some newer gear, you'd never look back.

• Like 1