Sighting in the pk01-v. Am I doing it wrong?

The issue I'm having is I'm not shooting accurately when I use my PK01-V with both eyes open. When I shoot with my right eye closed(I'm a lefty), I tear the center out of the target every time. Otherwise, I'm spraying all over the target. What's going on here? I have the red dot aligned with the tip of the front sight blade. Is there something I'm doing wrong with my adjustment on the red dot? Do I need to raise the rear sight to the 100 meter setting instead of the battle setting? Basically, I'm confused. I thought I should be able to use a red dot with both eyes open. Any suggestions?

BIGDUST80,

IT MAY BE A CASE OF MIXED, OR CROSS DOMINANCE, IE, YOU SHOOT FROM THE LEFT, BUT YOUR MASTER EYE IS THE RIGHT EYE.

I'M JUST THE OPPOSITE, SHOOT FROM THE RIGHT, LEFT MASTER EYE.

EVEN WITH A 1X RED DOT, WITH BOTH EYES OPEN, I GET A GHOST IMAGE OF THE SIGHT JUST TO THE SIDE OF THE ACTUAL SIGHT.

TRYING TO SHOOT IRON SIGHTS WITH BOTH EYES OPEN IS PRETTY MUCH A NO-GO AS I SEE TWO SETS OF SIGHTS SWIMMING AROUND DOWN THERE.

YA JUST GOTTA CLOSE THAT OFF-EYE, OR LOWER THE LID ENOUGH THAT IT BLOCKS THE SIGHT OUT.

IT SUCKS, BIG TIME!

JESS1344