Lets see your barrel shrouds!

I do like the look of those. The problem is that they are a tad too short. I need the shroud to extend back far enough to just clear my MD Vplug to minimise the chances of my gorilla hands contacting a hot barrel.

Vlad, I have huge hands and really can contact the barrel that way and no, I'm not holding the firearm in some odd fashion.

I do like the look of those. The problem is that they are a tad too short. I need the shroud to extend back far enough to just clear my MD Vplug to minimise the chances of my gorilla hands contacting a hot barrel.

Vlad, I have huge hands and really can contact the barrel that way and no, I'm not holding the firearm in some odd fashion.

are your hands like 10 inches wide?

can you post a picture of how you hold the gun?

I am not picking... but I am just really struggling to visualize this... I am over 6ft tall.. and over 200lb.... so I am definitely not tiny or anything.... and I had a chaos rail for about a week.. there is NO WAY I could ever accidentally touch the barrel.. that thing was huge... especially if you are using a handstop... or a grip like the afg...

you should have such a positive grip on the gun that your finger shouldn't be ending up on the barrel?

again.., not picking.. I just have NO idea how that is even possible..

at worst you could even bump the AFG back a couple of slots...

I hope this gives an idea.

OK good call...

the reason you are having issue is really obvious...

you can certainly put a big length of pipe on the end of your gun if you want... but your problem is very solvable..

bump that AFG back a couple of slots... this way the finger that is on the front side of the hand stop rests on the rail and NOT the barrel..

I think that rail is plenty long enough to get a good hold even with that AFG bumped back a hair... and the stop will literally prevent your hand from moving forward...

when I ran a rail on an AK my thumb either went over the top to make like a C clamp... OR pointed forward and buried in that dip in the rail between the side and top rail...

my archangel barrel just barely touches the gas adjustment. still enough room to make adjustments but theres no way you'd be touching the barrel. talk to alumalite explain your issue and he will make something custom made for you. thats all cool and functional

I always liked the look of the single rail handguard. Searched the internet up & down and eventually found it on some random website that sold a couple of S12 stuff. Can't remember the site (Man, my memory sucks these days), but I think it was the last one they had anyway. I probably overpaid & shipping took forever, but eventually I got it.

ALU shroud.

med_gallery_23729_844_402109.jpgmed_gallery_23729_844_151153.jpg

Where did you get that single rail handguard?

Edited by theKobudera

I always liked the look of the single rail handguard. Searched the internet up & down and eventually found it on some random website that sold a couple of S12 stuff. Can't remember the site (Man, my memory sucks these days), but I think it was the last one they had anyway. I probably overpaid & shipping took forever, but eventually I got it.

ALU shroud.

med_gallery_23729_844_402109.jpgmed_gallery_23729_844_151153.jpg

Where did you get that single rail handguard?

If I am not mistaking, this is one of the "old" Russian aftermarket hand-guards that I used to carry back in the days! I always like those!!! smile.png