Converting 7.62x39 and don't want a stock, suggestions?

I am converting one of my Saiga 7.62x39's and don't want to put a stock on at all, just the pistil grip. Does anyone know how to go about doing this? Do i have to remove the tang or is there an end plate I can buy? Any info or links would be appreciated, thanks.

You could use this:

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/css-int-blk.htm

Or this if you want to leave the tang:

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/css-external-block.htm

I am converting one of my Saiga 7.62x39's and don't want to put a stock on at all, just the pistil grip. Does anyone know how to go about doing this? Do i have to remove the tang or is there an end plate I can buy? Any info or links would be appreciated, thanks.

You gotta be careful with overall length. Pretty sure most AKs with a 16" barrel have an OAL of about 26.5" to the end of the rear tang. If you're a micron under 26", you'll have an unregistered Weapon Made from a Rifle. Why not purchase an AK pistol, or buy a stripped receiver and rebuild the rifle on the new receiver as a pistol?

Honesty, an AK rifle with no buttstock is of limited utility, especially with a full-length barrel. If you want it to be 100% legit, you could throw a folder on there and just keep it folded. Again, seems silly...

• Like 2

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated. I think I'll end up going with the AR-style folding stock from CSS.

Just noticed what state you're in... I'm about 99% certain that a pistol grip and folding stock is illegal in your shithole.

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated. I think I'll end up going with the AR-style folding stock from CSS.

Just noticed what state you're in... I'm about 99% certain that a pistol grip and folding stock is illegal in your shithole.

I'll have to install a "bullet button" as well.

Now knowing you are here in Commiefornia! DON"T DO IT!

You can (for now) make a pistol AK or AR! The method you are asking about is ILLEGAL in CA! It must be DROSed as a pistol to be legal!

Your rifle Saiga is not a pistol and what you are asking to do is unlawful!