21 WWI German soldiers frozen in time laid to rest

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

Thats pretty sad that not one family member came to the services.

When you consider that this happened 100 years ago, they would be basically strangers to surviving relatives. They also only managed to track down four of the families, so this is understandable, to me.

WWI was brutal beyond belief.

We need to be reminded of the brutality of unlimited war, if we seek to avoid major conflicts in the future.

The fact that the USA has seen such a long relative peace within our borders is mostly geographical.

As long as there are people on Earth, there will always be war.

Edited by Sim_Player

I'm surprised the self loathing Germans went through with a proper burial. Surely some liberal in Germany would have preferred the remains to be thrown on a trash neap and forgotten....the same virus the allies infected Germany with in 1945 is running rampant through the western world right now...

Fascinating article, thanks for posting it

...the same virus the allies infected Germany with in 1945 is running rampant through the western world right now...

I believe you are trying to compare the current scourge of political correctness with what Germany went through after WW2...Uh, yeah, like the "stab in the back" rumor that went around Germany after the Great War???? I see no reason at all that Germany should not have had a period of shame and reflection after the madness of the third Reich period. Sorry bitches but Deutschland is not uber alles and the holocaust was your making -- own it and learn from it. Shame and reflection is not a virus and had nothing to do with the victors ( I cite the fairness of the Nuremburg trials.) but was a form of necessary cleansing. Today's B.S. is a hindrance and harmful, what the Germans did was on a psychic level, needed as an acknowledgement and final purging of evil

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

Thats pretty sad that not one family member came to the services.

When you consider that this happened 100 years ago, they would be basically strangers to surviving relatives. They also only managed to track down four of the families, so this is understandable, to me.

WWI was brutal beyond belief.

We need to be reminded of the brutality of unlimited war, if we seek to avoid major conflicts in the future.

The fact that the USA has seen such a long relative peace within our borders is mostly geographical.

As long as there are people on Earth, there will always be war.

It would have been a big fucking deal to me. Germans had their nuts chopped off. The whole country is full of EU and UN pussies.

• Like 2

I'm surprised the self loathing Germans went through with a proper burial. Surely some liberal in Germany would have preferred the remains to be thrown on a trash neap and forgotten....the same virus the allies infected Germany with in 1945 is running rampant through the western world right now...

Actually they take great pains to recover and properly bury the WWII dead. There was an article recently about how the germans are being allowed into Russia to recover 100"s of thousands of remains buried in small cemeteries and placing them in larger more consolidated ones.

However bad WWI may have been, family lines could remain intact, insert WWII and entire family lines in Germany were wiped out or emigrated in chaotic times. Ties to family were cut to nothing. Lesson here for us.

The low attendance by relatives is not really surprising.

Edited by Rhodes1968

However bad WWI may have been, family lines could remain intact, insert WWII and entire family lines in Germany were wiped out or emigrated in chaotic times. Ties to family were cut to nothing. Lesson here for us.

The low attendance by relatives is not really surprising.

Basically. Europe in general skipped a generation in WWI, and then 20 years later, they did it again.

Edited by Netpackrat