Second time he's been burglarized since taking office. Wonder how many guns are missing from the property room? horror.gif

Burglars hit sheriff's home, steal one of his guns By Mike Glenn | September 6, 2013 | Updated: September 6, 2013 8:52p

Burglars broke into Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia's home Friday afternoon, authorities confirmed.

The burglars made off with several items, including one of Garcia's weapons, a Smith & Wesson revolver.

"Crime is an equal-opportunity offender," Garcia said in a statement.

"My concern right now is that a gun is now in the hands of a criminal and I'd like to get it off the streets as soon as possible," he said in the statement.

The Houston Police Department is investigating the break-in at Garcia's home.

He declined any interviews about the burglary because of his concerns about the "security of his family and his home," Harris County sheriff's officials said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Burglars-hit-sheriff-s-home-steal-one-of-his-guns-4793991.php?cmpid=hpfc

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Deputies-look-for-clues-in-theft-of-sheriff-s-SUV-1748441.php

Edited by Jet

Two words...Gun Safe. These meth heads don't know or care if they are hitting a cop's house as long as nobody is home. I guess if your title is Sheriff, you get this feeling there is a force field around your property once you are elected.