My daughter made my cry last night

I was asking my wife over dinner is she would like for me to buy her an optics ready DPMS that has been offered to me. My daughter interrupted us and asked "which is my gun? When do I get one?". I told her she could have whichever one she wanted. "The papasha" she replies. Then she thinks about it and says "no...I want and AK!". My heart swelled. Then she said, "no...wait, I want Liberace's AK! With Gold and Diamonds!".

Good feelings gone.

I told her that I would gladly get her a blonde AK, but that Liberace's AK would be going way too far.

Oh, come on. Gold plate her an AK with pink furniture and bedazzle it with rhinestones! Plus a Kalashnakitty logo. ETA: I didn't have a little girl to cater to. My two boys wanted nothing but black, evil, guns. LOL

Edited by MT Predator

Assuming the daughter doesn't know much about boom toys, get a regular wasr and apply a cheap shitty gold paint job to satisfy her. Then when the cheap crap finish fails which it should quickly just duracoat / cerakoat to your liking. Win win.

Edited by slostang

Mine is 3 1/2 years old now, I already got her interested, funny thing is she does not want to shoot mommies pin M&P 15-22 she wants to pop a few off with daddies converted saiga. I cryed a bit too and let me tell you there is nothing sweeter than tears of pride and joy.

I had the same kind of experience with my oldest when he was about 5...Wife made a wife comment when the brown truck dropped off a couple cases of ammo....Without missing a beat he looked at her and said..."Mama you can never have enough bullets". She rolled her eyes and mine teared up...LOL Good Stuff, enjoy it while you can.

The fact that she wants a gun is awesome. You should be a proud father for that. As for the bedazzle thing... I kind of feel about that as I do airsoft. If it gets more people into guns, and protect our rights I can't be mad about it. I get angry sometimes with all the airsoft youtubers, and results in google, but it really is helping the gun industry, and bringing people over to guns in general. I'm sure you can come up with a good compromise such as a two toned rifle or something. Or you can always tell her these weapons are designed for self defense, and not toys, and you don't want someone thinking it's a toy, and so on.

The fact that she wants a gun is awesome. You should be a proud father for that. As for the bedazzle thing... I kind of feel about that as I do airsoft. If it gets more people into guns, and protect our rights I can't be mad about it. I get angry sometimes with all the airsoft youtubers, and results in google, but it really is helping the gun industry, and bringing people over to guns in general. I'm sure you can come up with a good compromise such as a two toned rifle or something. Or you can always tell her these weapons are designed for self defense, and not toys, and you don't want someone thinking it's a toy, and so on.

Very good points. In the end, I may just do the high temp gold paint thing on a cheap wasr. I've got a friend looking for an underfolder since I figure if I'm going tacky, I might as well go full tacky. Now where can I get pearl foregrips and a pistol grip for an AK?

Mine is 3 1/2 years old now, I already got her interested, funny thing is she does not want to shoot mommies pin M&P 15-22 she wants to pop a few off with daddies converted saiga. I cryed a bit too and let me tell you there is nothing sweeter than tears of pride and joy.

Same thing here! She shot the 15-22 for a while, but once she shot "daddy's gun", it was all over for mom's M&P :)

Nice! Daughters who like guns are the best ! Lol I did this for my 4yr old. Taught her safety first at all times and she's listens well. Took her shooting a dozen times and she's bugs to go every weekend. I let her shoot my polish underfolder. Held the front for her. I thought she was gona pull the trigger a couple of times and she dumped the whole magazine! Then she says "again!" Brought a tear to my eye.

post-33408-0-44325900-1378779294_thumb.jpg