Big John. I have a simple BSA red dot your son can have. Its damn near new and its just now what I am needing. I'd rather have a 4x varriable red dot for my shit-tastic vision anyways. PM me if your interested. Too much internet testosterone floating around this question. Waaaay to much epeen stroking.

• Like 1

Big John. I have a simple BSA red dot your son can have. Its damn near new and its just now what I am needing. I'd rather have a 4x varriable red dot for my shit-tastic vision anyways. PM me if your interested. Too much internet testosterone floating around this question. Waaaay to much epeen stroking.

That's good of you! Can't wait now for one of these guys to jump on the forum and start badmouthing the BSA your sending him.021.gif

Jack

• Like 1

TRS-25 is the best you can get for $50, when they run the rebate. If you are paying full price, you're better off with the PA which has: removable base, longer battery life, more ergonomic controls.

I only run aimpoints on my rifles, and all my rifles are Kimbers and Noveskes. Because why skimp when YOUR LIFE IS ON THE LINE?!?!?! Im now losing my house because I cant pay the morgtage, my kids are gong to terrible schools, and my wife is leaving me...but y rifles can survive World War Six!!!1!!one!!

Users need to decide whats worth spending on. Personally, id rather 4 PAs on 4 rifles in the hands of 4 relatives/friends, than 1 Aimpoint on 1 rifle.

I have a Konus copy of a T1 Aimpoint that works pretty good. I had it on a WASR for awhile but now it resides on a GSG5. I think it ran around $80. Kept zero even on the 7.62x39mm just fine. There are great inexpensive alternatives for a starter or plinking sight. I still prefer to spend the cash if it's going on a fighting/defensive gun but if you cannot afford to get into the better quality sights, you have to start somewhere.

I had a Millet SP-1 in my SGL21 until I couldn't use it anymore. 3MOA dot, and held zero, even after a 4' drop off the bench(youngest knocked it off not paying attention). After I have my eye surgery, I'll definitely be getting another.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Millett%20SP%201%20Red%20Dot%201%20Matte%203MOA%20RD00004&_itemId=190696072742

Most of the guys on 68Forums run them in a PEPR QD mount.

Good deal! Stress the importance of being competent with the irons as well. When the optic goes tits up for whatever reason and you are in the middle of something, let's say, needing immediate attention, those irons will save your ass.

There is some really great stuff out there for the money these days. Not like it was 20 years ago. Now it is all CNC Machined and the quality is pretty damn good. Where the $100 optics are better than the $500 optics from years ago!!

Jack

There is some really great stuff out there for the money these days. Not like it was 20 years ago. Now it is all CNC Machined and the quality is pretty damn good. Where the $100 optics are better than the $500 optics from years ago!!

Jack

+1. A great starting point for guys with limited funds. I'd rather see him run a $100 RDS and get REAL proficient with the irons on ammo with the money saved, then work up into a better optic. Edited by MT Predator
  • 2 weeks later...

After shooting his gun with the trs 25, I'm either retarded, or I hate it.  Seems to me that for it to be consistantly accurate I had to co-witness the dot with the front site.  Moving my head, changed where the dot was without moving the gun.  

So...  Does the sight suck or am I retarded?

BIG JOHN,

I BELIEVE YOU'RE EXPERIENCING WHAT'S CALLED "PARALLAX".

YOU CAN GOOGLE THE TERM AND READ A DESCRIPTION EASIER THAN I CAN TRY TO EXPLAIN IT.

IT EXISTS IN MOST ALL OPTICS, TO A DEGREE, AND IN GENERAL THE HIGHER THE QUALITY OF THE OPTIC, THE LESS THE PARALLAX.

IF YOU READ THE DIRECTIONS FULLY, I'M RELATIVELY SURE THAT SOMEWHERE IN THERE WILL BE A PASSAGE STATING "PARALLAX-FREE PAST 50 YARDS" OR SOMESUCH.

YES, CO-WITNESSING WITH THE IRONS WILL HELP TO MINIMIZE THE DOT FLOAT, JUST LOLLY-POP THAT DOT ON THE FRONT SIGHT POST AND SHOOT.

THAT SHOULD KEEP YOUR LESS THAN 50 YARD, OR WHATEVER THE PARALLAX RANGE IS, GROUPS TIGHTER.

IF YOU AIM IN AT SOMETHING, SAY 100 YARDS OUT, AND MOVE YOUR HEAD, BUT NOT THE GUN, YOU SHOULDN'T SEE ANY DOT MOVEMENT ON THE TARGET.

HOPE THAT HELPS.

JESS1344

After shooting his gun with the trs 25, I'm either retarded, or I hate it.  Seems to me that for it to be consistantly accurate I had to co-witness the dot with the front site.  Moving my head, changed where the dot was without moving the gun.  

So...  Does the sight suck or am I retarded?

I have only experienced less than an 1 inch shift due to parallax at close range (25 yards maybe?) past that I have never ad this problem.

Quick question: Do you use both eyes and focus on the target instead of the dot?