Received my UZK-BR99 from Atlantic Firearms- Great Service!!!!
Mind you that I already have an MKA 1919 (no longer in stock config.)
Haven't fired it yet, loaded down w/school this weekend, but here our my observations so far:
1. Full Picatinny Rail on forend.
2. Front Sight has a push button to allow sight to move forward/rearward along the length of the rail.
3. Rear Sight/Handle has nicer adjustability/thumbwheels
4. Forend is not as flimisy (still plastic feel) and has a better forend fastner than MKA
5. Pistol Grip is solid not hollow.
6. To remove operating rod it has a slide/selector switch (no more using vise grips or stud removal tool)
7. Gas piston and surrounding housing has more vents
8. Safety Switch is off canter and has red/white colors as well is designed to prevent discharge by preventing bolt from sliding forward when firearm has one in the chamber (only happens to the MKA when dropped on its Butt End)
9. Nice Rubber Butt Pad with built-in cheek rest that is ok
10. The 2 Five round magazines are slightly redesigned, the follower is totally different (has concave indentation for shells to fit in nicer)
11. Trigger has better pull (smoother)
I'll update as I find out more, especially when I go shoot.
I can use my existing 10 round mags (these were converted from 5 round)
I understand alot of people's feelings toward this new firearm that its a knockoff of the MKA, but I learn a few interesting tibits why;
When the MKA 1919 went in production there were 2 partners (I think you know where this is heading) Anyway they split up, the other partner opened up his own manufacture plant and being one of the designers of the MKA decided to improve upon the MKA.
So far if I had to do it again from what I see & feel this would have been my 1st Choice over the MKA 1919 (but I have both)
My intentions are to leave this one stock other than a tactical breacher choke.