Received my UZK-BR99 from Atlantic Firearms

Received my UZK-BR99 from Atlantic Firearms- Great Service!!!!

Mind you that I already have an MKA 1919 (no longer in stock config.)

Haven't fired it yet, loaded down w/school this weekend, but here our my observations so far:

1. Full Picatinny Rail on forend.

2. Front Sight has a push button to allow sight to move forward/rearward along the length of the rail.

3. Rear Sight/Handle has nicer adjustability/thumbwheels

4. Forend is not as flimisy (still plastic feel) and has a better forend fastner than MKA

5. Pistol Grip is solid not hollow.

6. To remove operating rod it has a slide/selector switch (no more using vise grips or stud removal tool)

7. Gas piston and surrounding housing has more vents

8. Safety Switch is off canter and has red/white colors as well is designed to prevent discharge by preventing bolt from sliding forward when firearm has one in the chamber (only happens to the MKA when dropped on its Butt End)

9. Nice Rubber Butt Pad with built-in cheek rest that is ok

10. The 2 Five round magazines are slightly redesigned, the follower is totally different (has concave indentation for shells to fit in nicer)

11. Trigger has better pull (smoother)

I'll update as I find out more, especially when I go shoot.

I can use my existing 10 round mags (these were converted from 5 round)

I understand alot of people's feelings toward this new firearm that its a knockoff of the MKA, but I learn a few interesting tibits why;

When the MKA 1919 went in production there were 2 partners (I think you know where this is heading) Anyway they split up, the other partner opened up his own manufacture plant and being one of the designers of the MKA decided to improve upon the MKA.

So far if I had to do it again from what I see & feel this would have been my 1st Choice over the MKA 1919 (but I have both)

My intentions are to leave this one stock other than a tactical breacher choke.

I'll be interested in hearing your opinion on how this one compares to the MKA in terms of the viability of leaving it in factory configuration and it being a "decent" gun to keep and shoot. This is in contrast to the MKA which I purchased knowing that I would chop it up and modify. After putting about 100 rounds through my MKA a week or so ago I think I could live with everything on it except the completely crappy handguard. If the UZK is a little better all around AND the handguard is at least decent, I might get one just to keep factory. Note that this is all from a perspective of just having these as fun guns. I don't shoot in competition or anything like that.

Edited by yamadog35

I'll be interested in hearing your opinion on how this one compares to the MKA in terms of the viability of leaving it in factory configuration and it being a "decent" gun to keep and shoot. This is in contrast to the MKA which I purchased knowing that I would chop it up and modify. After putting about 100 rounds through my MKA a week or so ago I think I could live with everything on it except the completely crappy handguard. If the UZK is a little better all around AND the handguard is at least decent, I might get one just to keep factory. Note that this is all from a perspective of just having these as fun guns. I don't shoot in competition or anything like that.

I haven't fired it yet,but like you I don't shoot competition & wanted it for fun but something left in stock config. but more refined than the MKA (shooting my existing 10 round mags will tell the story by Friday)

I haven't fired it yet,but like you I don't shoot competition & wanted it for fun but something left in stock config. but more refined than the MKA (shooting my existing 10 round mags will tell the story by Friday)

Do the MKA 1919 parts needed to make this gun 922r compliant fit the BR-99? Or is there a source for the parts? Would be nice to have a "not so expensive" backup gun for competition shooters.

How did the handguard feel? Fairly solid? How did it do in terms of heat to your off hand?

Handguard solid (nothing like aftermarket but better than the MKA)

No problems w/heat!!

If I knew what I know now I would have never purchased the MKA (but don't we always say that & plus it wasn't available then)

From a function & dependability standpoint I feel no need to accessorize it (especially when I already did it to my MKA)

. . . also, did you try any of the MKA magazines to verify that they work in this gun?

Yes I did & they work

I wouldn't mind trying one of these and see if it could be easily brought up to competition standards.

Jack

It wouldn't take much, this is what needs to be done;

Metal Feed Ramp

Re-designed Magazine to follow proper curvature of how the shells are fed for better reliability(anything more than 5 rounds & this will probally help cure most of the MKA inherient problems)

HTH

FRED

I wouldn't mind trying one of these and see if it could be easily brought up to competition standards.

Jack

I'm no expert, This is just my opinion from my experiences

When I have time I will be posting pics as well an update on a new magazine endevour.

Edited by turbobuick