T&N trigger/hammer/disconnector question

Installed my T&N forend, trigger, hammer and disconnector and took the gun out to the range this morning. About half the time, it seems as if the hammer wasn't cocking as I'd pull the trigger and nothing would happen. A few times, it took two pulls of the trigger - then BANG! The bolt was moving fully toward the rear of the gun, and shells were ejecting fully. I was running anything from 1200 fps to 1550 fps, so the gun was cycling correctly.

After checking the hammer and disconnector, the disconnector won't release the hammer when the trigger is released. It's hanging up on the spur at the back of the hammer.

Could this be the issue with the hammer not cocking fully? If so, what's the fix (file a bit off the spur)?

When installing the hammer, the factory bushings would not fit in the new hammer spring (and it didn't come with new bushings) - so I left the bushings off. Issue with this?

Edited by Tom in Texas

Upon closer inspection of the spur on the back of the hammer, I noticed that it was uneven - one side had about a millimeter more metal, and it was crooked. This makes since as the hammer spur would catch the disconnector and not let go when releasing the trigger only when the hammer was slightly off center to the right.

So I lightly filed the spur. Now, when I move the hammer laterally and catch the disconnector, it releases as it should.

So do I need the bushings? There is a bit of lateral (side to side) play in the hammer.

I also installed t&n fire group. had to file the spur so the disconnector would release the hammer for re cock. hammer has no bushing and has side to side movement. maybe that why I am having off center light primer strikes. may switch to wolff ar15 extra power springs. second time asked about off center light primer strikes

Anyone with our trigger that has had this issue let us know. We had a few hammers that had an over-sized hole for the bushing. This causes the side to side play mentioned. They were not supposed to be packaged but a few of our employees must not have been paying enough attention during assembly. My son has personally checked the replacements and you shouldn't have any further issues.

If you ever have any problems please give us a call. We stand behind our products 100%. We will be sure you are happy and satisfied with your purchase.

Matt: 573-378-3393

Josh 573-378-9070

matt, the first run of t&n hammers had bushing. have them in my other mka1919, why did you stop making them? thanks

The bushings were for the factory hammer to use an AR-15 spring. The stock hammer bushings were too thick. We went to this set-up because people had been using the bushings incorrectly causing other issues. Having a drop in unit is much easier for the customer. The light strikes you are experiencing is due to the hammer having side to side movement. It causes the hammer to glance off the firing pin causing a light strike. If the firing pin is struck square there should not be any light strikes. Give me a call with your shipping info and I will get you a new hammer in the mail today.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Light strikes have little or nothing to do with the hammer.

An ar15 hammer spring can help to mask the problem, but it will be back at some time

Jim

But in this particular case the maker says it was a faulty hammer (everyone lays an egg once in a while). Hope he's right cause bangless clicks scare away the deers.

matt, the first run of t&n hammers had bushing. have them in my other mka1919, why did you stop making them? thanks

The bushings were for the factory hammer to use an AR-15 spring. The stock hammer bushings were too thick. We went to this set-up because people had been using the bushings incorrectly causing other issues. Having a drop in unit is much easier for the customer. The light strikes you are experiencing is due to the hammer having side to side movement. It causes the hammer to glance off the firing pin causing a light strike. If the firing pin is struck square there should not be any light strikes.  Give me a call with your shipping info and I will get you a new hammer in the mail today.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone.

If your hammer did indeed have side to side movement on the hammer bushing it will cause the hammer to glance off the firing pin. Was that the case with you I do not know 100% because I have not observed your particular case. Let us know if you have any issues after testing. We want to make sure your gun runs. A gun that doesn't go bang is just a club.

Can't say for 100% because the darn thing moved too fast for me to see it 021.gif. I can say my symptoms matched your description above. I never fired it stock and have only put 60~70 rounds through it, all with the bad hammer. I will report the results after my next outing unless someone else who swapped out the loose hammer beats me to it with the same fixed results.