You guys wouldn't believe this...

You know what it takes to get one of these to be 100 percent reliable?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/33836-modification-to-repair-fte-issues-on-saigas-with-blocked-gas-ports/

Amazing! :D who would have thought haha.

I have been putting it off for a while but finally took an hour out of my day to make it happen. My ports weren't so much blocked but a bit undersized. I drilled them to .073 and just barely clearanced the gas block itself. Before I would get random FTE throughout all magazines with crap bulk 1 oz ammo on light setting. Now I had it on the heavy setting the whole day with the same ammo. 200 rounds and not one hiccup! Loaded up 40 rounds of buck, no slamming of the trunion.

Lesson is stay away from the boosters and band aids until you do this mod first. Thank you to all the people on here for the great info!

Yeah. Avoid the D mod part of that thread though, and to new people, don't fix problems you don't have!

Start front to back or back to front and work from one end of the gun to the other systematically.

Lap the rails, remove burrs and function test with the base ammo. Profile bolt if you're going to. Then if needed bump up the ports in small increments until you have success. Simple, cheap, effective.

Amazing how complicated people can make it by panicking around or trying to band-aid.

Yeah. Avoid the D mod part of that thread though, and to new people, don't fix problems you don't have!

Start front to back or back to front and work from one end of the gun to the other systematically.

Lap the rails, remove burrs and function test with the base ammo. Profile bolt if you're going to. Then if needed bump up the ports in small increments until you have success. Simple, cheap, effective.

Amazing how complicated people can make it by panicking around or trying to band-aid.

^^^ Best Info in this thread. Be very careful who you listen to and what rabbit hole you go down...

Very seldom does this mod need to be done. It is very high risk of screwing your gun up big time.

Just don't.