So who all out there is into vaping? Post up your setups and you favorite blend of juice!

I'm pretty new to it. Quit smoking about a week ago and started using the vaporizer to cure the cravings. I was smoking about a pack and a half of camel lights a day and since I've been vaping I've only had three real cigs in the past week. I'm kicking myself for not switching sooner.

I'm using a Vamo V2, switching tanks between a protank 2 and a dual coil iclear30.

Daily juices have been a lemon aid / sweet tea mix 18mg nic 50/50pgvg, and a pomegranate / sour apple mix 18mg 50/50. Still have yet to find a good tobacco blend that works for me.

82D58CD2-31B3-4D5D-A9BC-CB0DA3F49555-738

I quit smoking 12 years ago after smoking for 24 years. You have to want to stop smoking or it's not going to work. I'll admit i wore the patch.... for about twice as long as regularly prescribed. It got me through breaking the "habit", but it worked. 12 years and I still look at the brands and prices at the checkout. You can't ever convince me that nicotine isn't the most addictive drug known to man.

I tried to quit once before using some really badly made e cigarette that would last for half a day n take 3 days to charge. I decided to try again and got a vapor zeus kit. It will last me well over 15 hrs n be fully charged in 8-9. Unfortunately theres a bit of a learning curve when it comes to refilling the cartridges; i got carried away and flooded the two i had and afterwards they got too clogged to use. Im waiting on an order for more cartridges now. But, i managed to go an entire week without smoking before i screwed up the carts. I use the clove flavor as all ive ever smoked has been djarum blacks.

About six mm onths ago I switched to e cigs. Started out with the cigarette style and after dealing with the limited battery life I dumped those for the SMOK brand with Vivi Nova wick tanks. I use smooth cigar flavor. CRYSTAL CLEAR VAPING is my supplier. I started with 36 mg nicotine and I'm down to 12 mg now. Curbs the urge and no smoke smell. Tried an analog a few weeks ago to see if they still had the allure. I turned green and the cig tasted like ass. I would rather vape than smoke at this point and am workin toward quitting all together.

• Like 1

Smoked for 20 years and have been off them for about 20 years.

Still get the urge to smoke once and a while. I believe smoking is one of the most addicting things out there.

But, you can beat it. It is hard to do. Best done with some kind of group support. Good luck to any of you trying to quit.

I smoked for about 12 years and have been quit for about 5. Initially went cold turkey and my wife (girlfriend at the time) threw a pack of cigarettes at me and told me to smoke or she was leaving. Two weeks later I started the patch and it gave me the ability to make it. What made it really bad was I was a patrol officer at the time and everyone in my zone smoked so I had to avoid them outside like the plague.

I am convinced that a cigarette is worse than crack, laced with heroin, and soaked in meth as far as addictive properties. I have been walking outside and get a whiff of someones cigarette and get an awful craving come on. It passes fairly quickly, but still sucks. I did try out one of the vapor cigarettes not too long ago and was not impressed. seemed like it broke and died more than it did anything positive.

Unless you go into shock and require medical attn on withdrawal it is not as addictive as crack or meth or any of those toxins.

The good thing the e-cig has none of the compounds in "Tar" that are the real killers. The bad thing is the nanny state isnt happy the taxes and tobacco companies are being cut out and will come down on it.

For me the times I've tried to quit in the past trying to go cold turkey, within 24 hours of not having a cig "withdrawing" from nicotene triggers insane migraines for me so it's pretty much been impossible. My "quit plan" is to take a step back on the nic content on my fluids until I'm weened off of it all together, then drop the vape. I do whole heatedly believe this is the only shot I have at being able to eventually lead a completely smoke free life.

My wife has migraines so I can feel for you.

Migraines and some migraine like headaches are sometimes caused by dilation of vessels in brain.

Nicotine constricts those as well as all vessels, thus the reason for stroke and heart attacks being related to it.

Coming off nicotine those vessels begin to relax and there's your migraine. Consider it the exact opposite of nitro used by angina sufferers, those give a whooper of a headache also.

Sounds like you have your head in the right place to do this.

Weaning is also the theory with patches. That's why they work while breaking the habit and finding something else to do with your fingers, and time. You have built in "triggers" with a smoking habit. Certain times to light up like waking up, with coffee, after eating, with a beer, when you get in the car, a rest break while working.... Those are the habits to break. The nicotine is the addiction. It's usually easier to break one, then wean from the other. They didn't have e-cigs when I quit, but I think that would have perpetuated my "habit". No way I could have tolerated stopping the "habit" and the "addiction at the same time, without killing somebody (figuratively). I would have been absolutely miserable to be around. I had a lot of support, too, so that helped immensely.

I know without a doubt that I couldn't have a cigarette. It would be the end of me not smoking, and I don't want that.

Again, good luck to you.

• Like 1

Sounds like you have your head in the right place to do this.

Weaning is also the theory with patches. That's why they work while breaking the habit and finding something else to do with your fingers, and time. You have built in "triggers" with a smoking habit. Certain times to light up like waking up, with coffee, after eating, with a beer, when you get in the car, a rest break while working.... Those are the habits to break. The nicotine is the addiction. It's usually easier to break one, then wean from the other. They didn't have e-cigs when I quit, but I think that would have perpetuated my "habit". No way I could have tolerated stopping the "habit" and the "addiction at the same time, without killing somebody (figuratively). I would have been absolutely miserable to be around. I had a lot of support, too, so that helped immensely.

I know without a doubt that I couldn't have a cigarette. It would be the end of me not smoking, and I don't want that.

Again, good luck to you.

Thank you for the positive vibes, I would have to say after eating is without a doubt is the hardest for me to get past but it's seeming to get a little easier every day. The "action" of smoking is for sure another engrained habit within itself, but that hurdle is a ways off. Thanks man.

I ran out of Winstons on the 10th of July and fired up a V2Cigs kit I had. I haven't had a real cig since then. It's amazing how quickly your lungs clear up after smoking for 40 years. I'm going to wean of the vapor and quit for good. Should be able to buy a nice new gun every year with the savings. I will make it.

I think cold turkey is the way to go, nicotine is out of your system in 3 days, the patch or gum just keep you in an extended period of withdrawl. I initially was weening myself off the smokes by using tobacco pouches, like the skoal bandits, and then one day I just decided that was bull shit and went cold turkey from there. While I was trying to ween myself off, I was in a constant state of withdrawl, after 3 days of cold turkey it all becomes a mental game and only takes determination to win.

If you are a daily drinker/drunk you won't be able to quit until you get the drinking under control.

I'm picking up a new one at Wal-mart tomorrow. I had the N-Joy brand, but dropping the thing in the river didn't help matters much....lol. Battery life was around 3 days for me.

Been smoking since I was 14, and ready to use the money for other things. 35/wk is a lot of ammo.

I'm picking up a new one at Wal-mart tomorrow. I had the N-Joy brand, but dropping the thing in the river didn't help matters much....lol. Battery life was around 3 days for me.

Been smoking since I was 14, and ready to use the money for other things. 35/wk is a lot of ammo.

IMO the Walmart types don't satisfy a real smoker. I'd look into getting to a local vape shop in your area to see what they have and sample some flavors if you're serious about quitting smoking and starting vaping. I spent a little more money on my setup than I had planned on but I'm glad I did now. It actually produces enough vapor to keep me from even thinking about smoking 99% of the time. That's just my experience. . If you want to look online, my shop is vapes gone wild in newnan ga. I'm not affiliated with them in any way other than being a satisfied customer Edited by slostang

Been vaping over a year now, I initially decided to try it for cost savings and obviously health reasons. Not so much trying to quit though. Ive smoked on and off for 15 years but Ive never had a real problem quitting, the problem is I just enjoy smoking!!

Found out the ecigs still satisfy my desire to smoke but they're not killing me or my wallet nearly as much. I use a very basic little plastic 3.7v mod box I built myself,(paid $8 for itcool.png) ordered from Madvapes. I use the super shorty 1.7ohm cartomizers, b/c they make a ton of vapor and its HOT vapor, feels more like smoke in my lungs!!!

Ive settled into pretty much exclusively using 20mg Vermillion River Kentucky premium juice. Wasted a TON of money on juice and trying different cartos/clearos etc, etc. I finally decided to stick with what I know works well for me.

I suppose I may quit one day but for now Its nice to have a smoke after dinner or with a drink. 000.gif

Anyone looking to quit they can certainly help but save yourself the trouble and get a MOD with rechargable batteries. The ones you can get from the store are crap. I suggest Madvapes, they have a great selection and good prices.

Edited by big-J

I have a custom Denali 2x18650 VV (3.0-7.0v) with smoktek 6ml tank and 1.7ohm LR cartos (2 hole) and IMR (red) 18650s, Merlin 2x 14500 VV (3.0-5.0v) with smoktek 3.5ml tank and 1.7ohm cartos and IMR (red) 14500s. and a bunch of eGo twist batts somewhere in a drawer that haven't see the light of day for a year or two.

I still feel that cold turkey is going to be the best way to do it.

I didn't want to quit nicotine, I just wanted to quit the part that killed me. I dont drink coffee, hardly ever drink, exercise every day. I figure I'm allowed one vice to enjoy. That's the way I look at it. It's no more dangerous than an asthma inhaler, same stuff (propylene glycol).

Ever been in a hospital? You've inhaled propylene glycol. Used toothpaste? Same. Gone to a club with a fog machine? Same. Ice cream? Yeah you've ingested it. Soda, same.

In fact you might have had more of it than I have today hahaha.

Well nicotine is the one of the most toxic substances known, you are just getting very little of it.

It will shrink your blood vessels both immediately and over the term so that aint good.

But the real killer is "tar" that is responsible for all the lung cancer and COPD among users as well as substances that cause clotting and even further constriction of vessels. So its an improvement in theory.

Me? I smoke a pipe now, better but no award I know.

Well nicotine is the one of the most toxic substances known, you are just getting very little of it.

It will shrink your blood vessels both immediately and over the term so that aint good.

But the real killer is "tar" that is responsible for all the lung cancer and COPD among users as well as substances that cause clotting and even further constriction of vessels. So its an improvement in theory.

Me? I smoke a pipe now, better but no award I know.

Of which a 30ml bottle of (about a months supply for me) 0.8mg e-cig juice contains as much nicotine as 3 cans of pureed tomatoes.

Well dont know about maters...nothing.gif

If the amount is addicting then it is changing your body. If not then it isnt. I do know delivery though the lungs is much more efficient than the digestive tract.

I do think these things are great for people, anything that people choose vs cigarettes has some improvement.

May government stay far away from it and you be allowed to make your own call.

One of the benefits to e-cigs is they don't contain the extra doping of the nicotine cigarettes have in them. Cig manufactures have added compounds to cigarettes that make them more addictive than pure nicotine is all by itself. Most people can for extened periods with with out jones'n for a vape. Not too many can say the saem about cigs.

Stang: That thing looks like a giant bong. How the hell am I supposed to replace cigs with that? Do you have a pic in relation to a cig, or your hand or something so I can see the size?

I had one of the cheapo's and it was ok for a while but it seemed heavy which irritated me. Lead me to something I'll use and I don't care what it costs. These smokes are gonna fukin kill me. Over my lifetime, I've walked away from several drugs and alcohol without looking back. Fuking cigarette's have a grip on my ass that you wouldn't believe. I simply love smoking. If you've walked in my shoes, you get it. If not, I've already heard all the bad stuff so save it please.

Stang: That thing looks like a giant bong. How the hell am I supposed to replace cigs with that? Do you have a pic in relation to a cig, or your hand or something so I can see the size?

I had one of the cheapo's and it was ok for a while but it seemed heavy which irritated me. Lead me to something I'll use and I don't care what it costs. These smokes are gonna fukin kill me. Over my lifetime, I've walked away from several drugs and alcohol without looking back. Fuking cigarette's have a grip on my ass that you wouldn't believe. I simply love smoking. If you've walked in my shoes, you get it. If not, I've already heard all the bad stuff so save it please.

My set up looks just like the one at the start of the thread. The guys at work call it my mini hooka. nothing.gif

To get a decent battery the weight will increase. Blu e-cigs get good reviews. Walgreens carry them now.