Krebs safety lever

No, it won't. Two ways (I use), either weld a post (stop) into the receiver that will stop the lever where you want it, or weld one of the trigger legs to stop the safety where you want it and I would also drill a lite detent into the receiver for a positive stop/engagement for the safety/selector lever so it won't get bumped back into the fire position.

Jack

If I'm understanding this correctly........it sounds to me like you don't have enough pressure/tension between the lever and the side of the receiver. Maybe take the safety out of the gun and form/bend the lever inward slightly, as to cause more tension between the two surfaces.

Edited by AA re-cvrd

Jack, thanks for the ideas. I have a small dimple already drilled in the safe position that could be used in conjunction with your idea of a small stud for a dead stop. In the fire position I got lucky in that my safety stop just barely lets the bump on the lever slip off the bottom of the receiver. Not so far that its difficult to slide back up but enough to hold it securely.

Jack, would you be able to post a picture of how you do your stud just to make sure we are on the same page and I think we are.

Yes, but if you have the ability to TIG weld, it is easier to weld up the trigger leg to stop the safety from going up too high. I wish I still had my 3D CAD Programs to easily show these things, but I don't, so what you are doing is welding a vertical post on the right trigger leg that will stop the lever exactly where you want it in the safe position and then touch off the dimple with a 1/8 (.125) ball nose cutter for your indentation on the receiver.

Pull the dust cover, recoil assembly, carrier assembly, and move the safety/selector lever where you would want it to stop. Now look at the right side trigger leg and the position of the safety stop. That is where the vertical weld would be to stop the lever from going any further up into the dust cover. Forward of the safety engagement and welded to the bar.

Jack

Last thing; The cap screw doesn't have to be very high to stop the lever, this way you can just slightly lift the lever over the cap screw instead of taking it in and out. I would want to lock that screw in with Red Loctite to keep it there. You won't over stress the lever if you don't lift it excessively high.

Jack

Thanks, Jack! You made it very clear what is needed. I've considered doing the cap screw idea, but I think I'll just find someone to TIG a few things at once for me.

Not to hijack the thread, but is there an elegant solution for the downward "fire" position stop? Preferably internal as with the TIGed trigger leg stop? I keep gradually bending my traditional stop away from the bottom of the reciever with safety lever strikes. Thanks again!

The dimple in the receiver is actually more important in the fire position because during sustained fire, the firing hand can bump the selector/safety lever into the safe position if it is not retained by the female dimple in the receiver.

Jack

I thought it was just me that noticed that the lever goes over the receiver and is a PITA to disengage

With the Krebs lever bent to the right tension, it is a non issue. With the flick of you trigger finger, it will even strip and load the top round with a minor bit if filing.

• Like 1

I agree with Mullet Man.

My modded OEM safety works beutifully as a BHO. I did have to adjust the lever tension and use a file to bevel the contact area of the top of the reciever edge where the end of the lever would slide off. I put my BHO notch much further back than the Krebs. That way, the bolt slams shut more violently (as all semi-auto's should) and it is more reliable for stripping the top round out of the mag and locking the breech with a single finger sweep.

I will add small dimples to the receiver scratch and an internal TIGed trigger leg "Safe" safety stop eventually. I will also rivet an external "Fire" safety stop in place, as I keep bending the traditional-style stop thru hard use.

Edited by Nephilim7