Need honest opinions here guys

I have a guy insterested in trading me a 1943 izhevsk mosin with bayonet and all accessories with 60 rounds of brass and 50 bucls for my norinco sks with mismatched norinco laminate stock. I only have about 250 in it and was wondering what the gurus here thought.

the mosin is imported ati roch. ny

I have a guy insterested in trading me a 1943 izhevsk mosin with bayonet and all accessories with 60 rounds of brass and 50 bucls for my norinco sks with mismatched norinco laminate stock. I only have about 250 in it and was wondering what the gurus here thought.

Real bad idea for you, don't do it. Just wait till you find a deal on a Mosin.

extremely shitty deal if it's a 91/30. Shitty deal if it's an M44 or M38. Do not do it - you could easily trade that SKS for two Mosins, and on a good day, you could squeeze three out of it.

• Like 1

They're up to $140 now? Damn.

I've been thinking about selling my Finnish M39 71' Cadet marksmen corps rifle, wonder how much those go for nowadays.

300+ Sako is collectable. I'll buy it if it's nice.

No way! Think of it in the field. How many Mosin's would you trade for a semi auto rifle like an SKS? :) I'd kill three commies with Mosins to get one dead commie's SKS!

Irony. I just took my Mosin into the local smithy to have him turn down the bolt handle and drop on an Archangel stock. The Archangel breathes new life into the Mosin.

archangel-mosin-nagant-stock.png

(random pic to show the stock with mag, 10 rounder shown) Mine will have a Nikon Proview 50mm scope, and a turned down handle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oapv0tEq1kc#t=51

Mineral spirits or Oven cleaner on the stocks, takes that cosmoline off easy. Hoppes 9 is supposed to do the trick well too. Oil well... I used tounge oil.

Edited by slippingaway
  • Like 1

Irony. I just took my Mosin into the local smithy to have him turn down the bolt handle and drop on an Archangel stock. The Archangel breathes new life into the Mosin.

archangel-mosin-nagant-stock.png

(random pic to show the stock with mag, 10 rounder shown) Mine will have a Nikon Proview 50mm scope, and a turned down handle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oapv0tEq1kc#t=51

Mineral spirits or Oven cleaner on the stocks, takes that cosmoline off easy. Hoppes 9 is supposed to do the trick well too. Oil well... I used tounge oil.

Now that is one unique rifle.