V02 .223+Dinzag Arms HG Retainer+Standard AK Lower HG?

I am looking at picking up a at a .223 V02 Vepr from Centerfire. I just wanted to put on a simple non Railed polymer lower HG on but dont like the bulkiness of the Ronin HG. Since the gas tube is unique/atypical and wont work with a standard AK upper HG I was just trying to see if I could use a Dinzag Arms bolt on HG retainer and a standard AK lower HG?

Also if anyone knows of a Vepr HG that is smooth polymer that will fit besides the Ronin, let me know, thanks!

You couldn just use the bolt on with a lower hand guard, but your gas tube will be completely exposed. I suspect you may find it gets really hot when you touch it when you don't intend to.

So does the standard Vepr handguard wood or poly like the SGM tri offer a little more protection because it comes up just a little higher on the sides as opposed to a standard AK lower HG?

You couldn just use the bolt on with a lower hand guard, but your gas tube will be completely exposed. I suspect you may find it gets really hot when you touch it when you don't intend to.

So does the standard Vepr handguard wood or poly like the SGM tri offer a little more protection because it comes up just a little higher on the sides as opposed to a standard AK lower HG?

Yep, they come up higher to help cover the gas tube. Similar to the way the handguard on I imported Saiga rifles work. Options for the VEPR II are very limited because the gas tube is so much longer than standard gas tube.

On my VEPR II I went with the Tapco Galil handguard and a bolt on hand guard retainer. Looked good worked well.