UZK-BR99 SBS ?!

I've been put off on my ultimate MKA project for a while. MKA SBS. Many people have expressed in the current form that a very reliable SBS isn't not a easy feasible option. Would the UZK-BR99 with its self-regulating gas system be easier to shorten to say 10-12"? I put together a MKA on a billet receiver, and my ideas are to reassemble that receiver and accessories to a BR99. Then possibly sell the reassembled MKA to cover the cost of the BR99.

Will the BR99 mate correctly with a firebird receiver? I thought I saw a comment in a thread about this but couldn't find anything after searching.

Are the barrels exactly the same? I already have 2 MKA barrels.

Is there any way to get pics of the self-regulating system?

Thoughts?

Edited by CalveryDemon

Hopefully Anubis will have some info on this. As for the 1919, the first documented SBS conversion I've seen was done by Tony Rumore. I'm sure his thread is still here somewhere, might want to do a search.

BR99 is relatively new as far as it being sold on the US market it seems. That being the case, you have to hang around and count on some trailblazers, unless you want to be the trailblazer yourself.

I've done plenty of searches. T&N has assisted with a SBS also that did look good with just over a 12" barrel. Bottom line Rumore said for SBS, the MKA gas system is trash. Id be happy to trail blaze if the circumstances were right ie. it all mated to the billet receiver, the barrels matched up, and the gas system indeed was greatly improved.

Edited by CalveryDemon

Well there you go, if Tony said that, you won't hear me question it. lol

I don't own one yet so I can't say. However I do pop in to read up on any new developments for the platform.

If one day Firebird can get their US made version down to about a grand (give or take a 100 or 2.) I'd be ecstatic.

According to "Anubius" which I believe is with Firebird Precision team, the gas bypass is the only portion of the gas system that differs from the MKA 1919. Having said that, I don't believe the BR-99 will be any different than the MKA when it comes to a SBS. Most guys who are playing around with MKA shorties are partially or completely blocking the bypass system anyways to provide enough gas to cycle the action. In my opinion, the only real way to make these weapons easier to SBS is if the gas block is offered in a location closer to the receiver. The "bypass" can be redesigned 10 times and it won't make a damn bit of difference in a SBS.