I purchased 2 polymer mags for my S20, one from CSS, the other off EBay. They are both of the same manufacture and they both will not feed rounds in my gun if they have more than 3 or 4 rounds in it. Has anyone had any luck modifying them by filing down the tab on the rear of the mag to get a better feed angle, or should I just return it for credit towards a metal mag?

Thanks

Craig

i have a 20 with the 13 round mags. i been tring to shoot buckshot and it would not kick it out. i did a adjustable gas port. i changed to Tromix full power recoil spring. i went to range this morning trying to so a adjustment on the gas plug and it would not kick it out. i found that the shell was not being pushed up all the way into the gun. i loaded 5 shells in a stock mag and the gun worked great. with the stock mag i could shoot a slug,buckshot, and bird shot i did not have to change the gas plug to shoot it. only thing is i did a hydrodip on the mags so im not sure if that was the problem

The problem I'm having is that the shells are being jammed into the bottom of the barrel. There is no feed ramp to speak of, so I may have to do a little work there. The factory 5 round mags work fine, but with the high capacity mags the shells don't point up to the barrel extension. They are nearly horizontal and get jammed into the bottom of the barrel.

Craig

• Like 1

try putting something at the forward part of the follower (tape a piece of rolled up paper) to see it that lifts the nose of the shells up when loaded. If that works and you want to keep the mags make a wooded angled wedge and glue it to the follower. Same type thing has been done to get 2 3/4 inch shells to work in the 3 inch mags.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought I saw where MAGPUL is offering mags for the S20 ......since they produce damn near the best plastic AR-15 mags -I assumed the ones they make for the S20 would be top notch and trouble free  as well .

humm,  maybe was PROmag that I saw had them ........... my danged brain don't work like it used to

Holy Cow ! 

I just got my brain to remember I bought (2) CSspecs 8 round mags for my S20 almost two years back ; don't remember what I paid but I am somewhat shocked that their new ten rounders cost 55$ EACH !!!!!! That sure seems steep ........

Edited by MIKE20GA

Yeah Indy is prolly talking about the follower adjustment ramps or "wedges" I came up with to make the factory Russian 76mm (3") mags also feed 70mm (2.75") shells. That may also fix this problem. It's basically a wedge shaped piece of high grade polymer epoxied, screwed, or glued to the top of the follower to lift the front edge of those shells trying to dive into the bottom and getting hung up.

... but I am somewhat shocked that their new ten rounders cost 55$ EACH !!!!!! That sure seems steep ........

Small scale production in the USA of a top quality item made from actual steel.  Your expectations have been skewed by Chinese junk.

... but I am somewhat shocked that their new ten rounders cost 55$ EACH !!!!!! That sure seems steep ........

Small scale production in the USA of a top quality item made from actual steel.  Your expectations have been skewed by Chinese junk.

SS -  it is true what you say ......55 bucks just ain't what it used to be ; no doubt the mag is top of the line.

I decided it would be money well spent and ordered two of the ten rounders

Edited by MIKE20GA
  • 2 weeks later...