JACK TRAVERS from JTE sent me a pre-bent Hammer spring for my Saiga 7.62x39. I installed it and took the rifle to the range. It made the Tapco G2(Tromix) trigger as smooth as my AR 15s with a Wilson Combat Trigger and smoother than my Rock River Arms 2 stage match trigger. Not a single light strike and the cycle rate seemed faster. I love my Saiga all over again!!!

you can reach Jack at JT Engineering

337 353-3534

• 2 months later...

I know this thread is old, but I found it by doing a search because of problems I had at the range yesterday.  This is the second time I had the problem of having one side of my hammer spring coming "unhooked" causing the trigger to stop functioning.   This is a recent problem after having shot 1,000 rounds through the gun since conversion.  I'm using the twisted/braided style spring.  I was looking at the JTE spring online and was wondering if it would solve my problem.  Did read about light strikes from those using the JTE spring though...thoughts?

Here is the link for bending/shaping the main spring. 

The whole purpose of the spring being made out of silicon spring steel, is that it can be formed to however the operator wants it, light, medium, or heavy strike and the legs will bend out and stay in shape so it will not fall off the hammer legs.

I will pre-bend the spring if the customer wants me to and ship the spring directly to the customer.

Jack

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/91421-jte-main-spring-adjustment/

• Like 2

Here is the link for bending/shaping the main spring. 

The whole purpose of the spring being made out of silicon spring steel, is that it can be formed to however the operator wants it, light, medium, or heavy strike and the legs will bend out and stay in shape so it will not fall off the hammer legs.

I will pre-bend the spring if the customer wants me to and ship the spring directly to the customer.

Jack

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/91421-jte-main-spring-adjustment/

Yea that sounds good but doesn't answer my original question.  Is there something about a wound spring that makes it unhook itself causing my problem that will be solved by using your JTE spring?  I haven't had any problems whatsoever with light strikes using the wound spring.  Only brought that up after reading several reviews by people using your spring claiming light strike problems.  

The single silicone spring steel spring is easier to bend and shape it the way you need so it will not fall off the hammer leg. 

With the JTE spring you only need one spring to maintain its shape instead of three and the stock spring is made of spring steel, not silicone spring steel, big difference in quality.

Read the link and you will see how to adjust the spring for light strikes, if it is an issue.

Jack