Trigger slap relief

I bought a G2 double claw and was a bit surprized to find it provided trigger slap. I thought it would be nice to try a double claw but now I'm wondering if it would be safe to remove a smidge of medal from the top of the claws to reduce the slap some? It's not much, mind ya, but I have no slap with a G2 single claw in my other rifle. Any thoughts?

I saw a detailed explanation of this with how to fix on a site called "romainian kalishnikof rifles" my spelling may be off a bit but it is worth finding. We hould add this to the parts and stuff link.

G O B

It is a great site and I've used almost every tip mentioned on my Romanian SAR1 to bring it up to snuff. No more canted front sight or trigger slap on the SAR but the information about trigger slap was specific to the Romanian's disconnector. I'll play with my new trigger and let ya know.

I bought a G2 double claw and was a bit surprized to find it provided trigger slap. I thought it would be nice to try a double claw but now I'm wondering if it would be safe to remove a smidge of medal from the top of the claws to reduce the slap some? It's not much, mind ya, but I have no slap with a G2 single claw in my other rifle. Any thoughts?

If your AK originally had a single hook then you have to cut out the slot in the trigger opening of the receiver to accomodate the extra hook. Chinese AK's (MAK90) usually come with double hook FCG's but most European AK's do not. The hook is not the usual cause of trigger slap, the disconnector is. This won't be the cause with your G2 as it has the correct dimensions.