AK100 Side Folder Cutting Dimensions

At one time I seem to remember reading a thread where someone posted all the cutout dimensions and spacing for the AK100 Russian side folder. Naturally, now that I am ready to start my AK100 install I can't seem to find it. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

I'm in the process of converting 8 rifles to sidefolders. I'm completing 5 new Russian installs and 3 old-style sidefolders. The new sidefolding stocks have a 5.5mm pin and 4 degree angle on the back of the trunnion. The older sidefolders utilize a 4.5mm hinge pin and have a different 6 degree trunnion angle. Pookie's blueprints are for the old Russian/current Bulgarian 4.5mm pin, so make sure you have the correct plans for the correct trunnion.

Here's the plans for the 4.5mm pin...

null_zps5c241739.jpg

• 2 months later...

It'd be nice to have one but I've never seen a similar diagram for the 5.5 setup.

That being said it's not needed.

Cut enough so the trunnion can snap in.  Regardless of which you have the top four rivet holes are in the same location.  Use those to index the receiver and trunnion together.  Then file down the extra material until the receiver's edges match the trunnion's edges when the trunnion's rivet holes match up to the existing receiver countersunk rivet holes.

If you cut to the above schematics specs it will definitely work but you remove more material than you have to.  Be very conservative on the cuts and file to match and it's a cleaner fit.

• Like 1

If you have a caliper/micrometer it's not very hard to set up the dimensions once you have the existing trunnion removed.

Check out this thread on AKfiles for a good example of how to modify/cut a receiver for the sidefolder trunnion using step by step measurements for your specific trunnion: http://akfiles.org/forums/showthread.php?t=164375