me, I'm going to build a Garand clip loader. saw it on YOUTUBE, and thought now that is something unique and neat, so I'm going to make one. I'm going to do it a bit different, instead of hand dropping the rounds down the "channel", I'm going to make a hopper on the top, so that when you fill the rounds in the hopper, they will go down the channel.

I don't have any kind of metal working machines, I do have a tap and die set, vise, a grinder, band saw and file, half the challenge and fun is making something with some ingenuity and creativity. smile.png

so, what are your plans for a winter project?

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Me, im going to finish up the pap m92 with a red dot and rail hopefully this fall, then hunker down and see how money plays out as the wife is due in november, and after it all settles down get mine n wifeys cc permits and get her a 9mm pistol and maybe something concealable for me by other means than a backpack! Lol.

congrats my wife is due with our son november 24, didn't stop her from buying a romanian sar2, already fixed all the little bugaboos with it.

Planning on reloading stocking up on accessories and converting fsb on my 7.62 saiga, maybe start breaking down the fj 40 for restoration.

• Like 2

Finishing a few projects on the house. We have water boiler heat with base board heat. Changing the steel base board covers to custom wood covers in the all three kids rooms. Adding a small upper closet in the dead space above the living room closet and kitchen pantry. Last of the unused dead space in the house. Finishing insulation and ox board in the garage.

I'm looking to get a kit build on a 74 going. We will see how that goes

I've got my rivet holes drilled and I'm ready to heat-treat. Dremel and a hand drill craftsmanship. My selector cut came out perfect.

A labor of love after hours of patience. It's my first kit build.

I look forward to the riveting! My "rivet-squeezer" is 95% finished.

Should i put my initials on the heads of the rivets? The letters would have to be "raised".

I'm just musing.

All kinds of artistic possibilities.

Edited by Sim_Player

I'm waiting on a check in Oct to finish my Egyptian 47 home build, then the 74 build will begin. Just been waiting on a barrel to finish this one. May even pick up the 74 barrel before getting the kit since it seems barrel production has been hit or miss with the buying frenzy early in the year

Vepr 5.45x39 complete build. So far i have done the full 922r conversion and installed hanguard upper and lower, pistol grip, stock, replaced the trigger and hammer, replaced the gas tube, purchased some other misc. parts. I plan to do some custom work on the barrel and swap the original front sight with an AK-74 24mm front sight with bayonet lug. I Just need to place some orders and i can begin.

Also, i'm completely refinishing my WASR 10 with a new paint job and beautiful furniture.

Edited by Corruptz0rz

Vepr 5.45x39 complete build. So far i have done the full 922r conversion and installed hanguard upper and lower, pistol grip, stock, replaced the trigger and hammer, replaced the gas tube, purchased some other misc. parts. I plan to do some custom work on the barrel and swap the original front sight with an AK-74 24mm front sight with bayonet lug. I Just need to place some orders and i can begin.

Also, i'm completely refinishing my WASR 10 with a new paint job and beautiful furniture.

What are you gonna use for refinish, I would like to finish my saiga as well this winter. Ceramic engine paint seems to be very popular for the diy guys?

What are you gonna use for refinish, I would like to finish my saiga as well this winter. Ceramic engine paint seems to be very popular for the diy guys?

I will be using "Rust-Oleum High Heat" spray paint. After letting it dry and placing the painted parts into an oven at 350 degrees for an hour really bakes the coat on for a strong durable finish.

Remove old caulk and replacing with new around the entire house and touching up the paint.

Stain the deck with oil before the snow comes.

Cut and process about 8 cords of larch and fir.

Upgrade the Lopi Answer stove with the Vermont Castings Defiant.

Spread about two truck loads of sheep shit on the yard after applying broad leaf killer and then put in some more grass seed.

Kill many deer and maybe some elk, process and store meat in the garage.

Sell all the crap that I don't use and give the proceeds to the wife so we don't get into the red.

Build a 10/22 target rifle for my daughter who will be shooting next spring.

Obtain a larger crate for my GSD puppy who is already too big for the medium crate I found on craigslist, sell the medium crate.

Obtain season pass for skiing this winter.

Kill a few coyotes and hopefully a wolf, sell pelts for ammo.

Win lottery.

Raise my kids right.

Try to spend more time with the wife.

YIKES!