New commercial bulgarian mags black/brown review

Purchased the new commercial bulgarian mags with metal bottoms and feed lips only and reinforced feed area as far as I can see, reinforcement stops once you get into the mag body but I will say the bodies are stout enough they took some good shots on the vital areas with a crowbar and only had minor scuffs.

They were a little tight in the sar 2 at first the follower can be shaved on the bottom slightly or just wear in from use so that it will lock in with 30 rounds better than it does new. The spring is the same size and spec as bulgarian surplus and looks to provide good feeding tension, follower is anti-tilt and works great.

They are not suprlus but they seem fairly tough and should work well as beaters and general use mags, I am saving to get more surplus but they are expensive.

J&G, cdnn, and some others have them from 15 to 20 bucks so they aren't a horrible deal when compared to tapcos or surplus.

Just my opinion take it for what its worth, nothing :)

• 2 weeks later...

These fit in my Saiga .223 without mods to the feedlip area that most need.

I picked up a few of these stripped mag bodies for $5ea ,just to see if they were decent or junk .

Overall I like them. Not for $20ea,but for around $15ea, I will pick up some more and I do not even own a 5.45 rifle. 

• 5 months later...