Hero of the Soviet Union Vladimir Putin inspects the Kalashnikov assembly line:

10005.jpg

I'm digging that all green model too!

Also transparent mags appear to be all the rage now:

10003-660x495.jpg

10001-660x457.jpg

I would buy the semi auto import in seconds flat....!

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 3

I see the Russkies have decided to do away with the Combloc side rail for the M-1913 rail and are using an aperture back up iron sights besides the scope.  They also are using a foregrip.  They have learned from the US armed forces and AK accessory makers in the US and adapted them to the AK platform.

I see the Russkies have decided to do away with the Combloc side rail for the M-1913 rail and are using an aperture back up iron sights besides the scope.  They also are using a foregrip.  They have learned from the US armed forces and AK accessory makers in the US and adapted them to the AK platform.

Yeah.. If you watch a lot of the Russian combat footage from recent conflicts in Georgia, a lot of Russian SF type units were already decked out with Magpul buttstocks on folding AR buffer tube adapters, EOTechs on the side rail, Magpul AFGs, and so on.

The introduction of a burst mode, and safety-to-semi operation, suggests that the rifle is designed with a more marksmanship-oriented Russian military in mind., versus the massed-assaults of yore Soviet years, that the AK was originally designed for.

The latest production samples of the AK-12 look really awesome, and I'm with the rest of you.. If it comes to the US market, I'm gonna practically throw my wallet at whoever can sell me one first.

I'm still waiting to see the model in 7.62 NATO that the early press releases referenced.. Hope it didn't get canceled.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

Lol, is it just me or does every single guy in that picture with Putin look very afraid? They should all have "thought bubbles", saying things like "poison?", "Siberia?", "Died in my sleep.", "Cut brake lines."

How about "Did Putin just insert a loaded mag into that thing"?  015.gif